Help! Female digging holes for over 8 days is that normal or do I need a vet?

Cmdalan

I have a Panther Chameleon that has laid eggs in the past after digging test holes for about 2 days before finding the "right spot" This time she's digging all over the place, in every planted pot, several places in the laying bin I have at the bottom, I keep testing to ensure the soil is just right, I've covered the cage. One day I have even moved her to an isolated laying bucket for a whole day, but that seemed to stress her out and showed no interest in even testing the soil there. She's definitely more comfortable in her cage. How long is too long? She is definitely full of eggs, not eating, just digging all day every day. She still seems healthy not lethargic....yet. Is it normal to hold onto eggs for the "perfect spot" and how many days is too long before it becomes dangerous? Any help would be appreciated!

Why do our girls torture us like this? @MangoTango just went thru similar with his girl and she’s just started laying finally! Here’s the thread…maybe something in it will help you. I’d be only telling you the same that I said there. https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/hasn’t-laid-yet…any-cause-for-concern.189067/

Why do our girls torture us like this? @MangoTango just went thru similar with his girl and she’s just started laying finally! Here’s the thread…maybe something in it will help you. I’d be only telling you the same that I said there. https://www.chameleonforums.com/threads/hasn’t-laid-yet…any-cause-for-concern.189067/
it’s the month of our girls stressing us out apparently 🤦🏼‍♀️😂

Yes, after about 12 days she did finally lay her eggs, eggs and chameleon are doing fine. I guess I didn't realize they can hold onto eggs that long and be okay even when it's "time" to lay. Thanks for the help!

Yes, after about 12 days she did finally lay her eggs, eggs and chameleon are doing fine. I guess I didn't realize they can hold onto eggs that long and be okay even when it's "time" to lay. Thanks for the help!
glad to hear !

Yes, we have a male chameleon. She laid 36 of them it's almost been 2 weeks since she's laid them so far none have molded, collapsed, or shriveled. All are white and growing so far....

Back
Top Bottom