HELP....Discoloration

NoseyRosie

Help.... I'm a new Chameleon owner. I've had snakes and iguanas before, but never a chameleon. My dad found Rosie in his backyard. So I don't know her age. I've read everything I could, but am worried. She eats well and drinks after but her belly went entirely black and now has white patches on her. 20171226_083203.jpg 1514389608748252096232.jpg

Hello! Is this a female veiled chameleon? Also... where do you live where you just find chameleons in your back yard? Lol

Hello! Is this a female veiled chameleon? Also... where do you live where you just find chameleons in your back yard? Lol
Most likley florida there is wild veileds here i heard of someone actually got a very handsome yellow body red bar ambilobe here. She also looks a bit dehydrated and from what you said might be starting a shed. Make sure here humidity is on the higher end to help with the shed. Also get live plants and mist frequently to ensure she drinks. My veiled doesnt drink in front of me but im sure he does so dont expect to see her drink. Im not too familiar with females but I do know they need a lay bin. Do you have one? If not someone on the forums can better guide you on the rest of the aspects of female veileds.

Nosy, I'm seeing some yellow splotches - here's something from the Chameleon Handbook (Barrens - Le Berre): "In females, peridonitis (inflammation of the peritoneum, the abdominal cavity membrane) may result from a rupture of the oviducts or the eggs. Peritonitis can sometimes be identified by a bright yellowish spot on one of the animals flanks (the infection causes discoloration of the chromatophores). The condition is mostly observed in wild caught animals, and it requires urgent medical assistance." So pretty much - go to the vet. Good luck!

I actually live on Chino, CA..my dad lives in Chino Hills, CA. I took it in cause I was afraid it would die. It was getting really cold outside.

This is what she looked like when we found her... I set up her cage with a bucket cause i was told she looked she may have been digging to lay her eggs. FB_IMG_1514403079364.jpg

She is a bit aggressive, but lets me hand feed her. Im terrified she ia sick or ia going to die. There is a bit of a story behind her name. I'm looking for a reptile vet, but having a hard time finding one.

I read that if she doesn't lay her eggs she will become egg bound but then I read that the eggs can just dissolve inside her...is that true?

Re egg laying...you need an opaque container at least 12" deep x 12" x 8" filled with washed playsand that is moist enough to hold a tunnel IN her cage somshe will have a place to lay her eggs. While she's digging do not let her see you watching her or she will likely abandon the hole.

Is the discoloration still there? When did it appear? Was her cage on a heat pad at all?
The white is likely the beginning of a shed.

This is the other side of her... I don't think she is dehydrated. I see her drink all the time. She comes up to the dropper in front of me. I'm taking her to the vet Sat. That's the soonest I can go.
20171226_091550.jpg

Update on my girl...well the white was her preparing to shed lol wow she is irritable.. anything I can do to help her? 20171229_073418.jpg

Back
Top Bottom