Help!! Cricket egg bin disturbed!

Jsanfig

Hello my wise wise people! I’ve started my first cricket colony and these guys layed HUNDREDS of eggs! however, an accident happened and the egg laying container flipped inside the incubator and all the soil + eggs got messed up. I delicately picked up all the soil and eggs a with a soft brush back into the container. My question is, will eggs survive such a thing? Does anyone has experience with stuff like this?
I have placed a new container for them to keep laying and I’ll avoid accidents in the future, but meantime I wish that accident doesn’t mean I lost a whole clutch of cricket eggs.
Appreciating any help/advise!

Its almost impossible to not get crickets if you have eggs. Just keep the humidity up, and you will end up with a sea of them. It really doesnt matter where in the layers of dirt they are.

Its almost impossible to not get crickets if you have eggs. Just keep the humidity up, and you will end up with a sea of them. It really doesnt matter where in the layers of dirt they are.
Awesome, so the dirt being dropped and messed around -and picked up back into the container will not harm the eggs, I’ll just keep waiting. Right now the conditions are very constant at 82.6 F and humidity @ 82% I could increase it much, I’ll just clean up some mold I’ve seen growing and cover with perforated lid to preserve further the humidity 👍🏼🤞🏼

See U and me are different. You are trying to get crickets, and going through all the steps. I on the other hand hate when Mrs cricket decides to lay eggs before getting eaten. Then i end up with a sea of pin heads that zero critters will eat. And by the time they are good eaten size, there are TONS just pooping their brains out, and the cage starts to smell.

See U and me are different. You are trying to get crickets, and going through all the steps. I on the other hand hate when Mrs cricket decides to lay eggs before getting eaten. Then i end up with a sea of pin heads that zero critters will eat. And by the time they are good eaten size, there are TONS just pooping their brains out, and the cage starts to smell.
I can see and understand your point perfectly. I believe in the “power of the cricket” because of their abilities to deliver nutrients through gut loading although they themselves are not so much.
I’ve been frustrated about crickets for the same reasons and I can’t figure how to establish a constant flow and not just an over-production of pin heads that I’ll have to wait on to be eaten.
Lately I’ve been encouraged more about Dubias because I’m improving the concepts on their habitats in order to successful reproduction. They seem more “friendly” in general to be a staple in my care but I’m giving the crickets one more shot. I’ve tried several unsuccessful times and this is my last 😂 besides all my chameleons seem absolutely crazy about them, they eat everything voraciously so choosing won’t be a problem 👍🏼

I have hundreds of little pinheads hatching right now lol! I guess that answers my question and for further inquiries yes, eggs will survive even an earthquake lol

Back
Top Bottom