Help! Colonic Prolapse

If he's drinking try sticking an insect between his teeth as his mouth opens and shuts while he's drinking....but I wouldn't be feeding him too much right now...I'd be trying to go easy on the intestines and vent now so I wouldn't cause another prolapse. I'm not a vet...that's just my opinion.

Agreed. I only forced feed twice on the first day but it was stressing him out so bad. So I stopped. The next day (yesterday) I tried feeds. He ate one cricket and two wax worms. Today he ate a hornworm only. He’s been drinking good too. Im concerned becauSe he is indeed “pooping” mostly just watery and white but it’s still has blood in it….I messaged the vet and sent a picture and they said that should be okay for now as long as his prolapse hasn’t happened again but the blood still has me worried.
Just for reference. My male went through a bad injury and lost his tongue completely. When it happened I did not even try to feed for 3 weeks. This was long but the injury required it. After that he go bugjuce only about 1/4 teaspoon once a week. His gular crest was ripped open is why so little. He now lives on about 6 lg crickets a week.
His injuries were severe this is not a suggestion on care but on how little food they really need. I think force feeding should be as limited as much as possible as for the stress it creates.

He is fine now. I have to hand feed but he is happy and healthy.

Just for reference. My male went through a bad injury and lost his tongue completely. When it happened I did not even try to feed for 3 weeks. This was long but the injury required it. After that he go bugjuce only about 1/4 teaspoon once a week. His gular crest was ripped open is why so little. He now lives on about 6 lg crickets a week.
His injuries were severe this is not a suggestion on care but on how little food they really need. I think force feeding should be as limited as much as possible as for the stress it creates.

He is fine now. I have to hand feed but he is happy and healthy.
Thank you so much for sharing! This makes me very hopeful! Also knowing it’s okay if he’s not eating as much right now. 💚

Back
Top Bottom