HelP! Baby Panther bitten

Madrax

Help! I'm desperate... I recently bought a baby ambilobe panther. Wanted to give him some sun, and didn't realize my older Female was close, in a second, before I realized, the Female put the baby's head inside her mouth. I acted fast to set him loose. Baby is alive, opening mouth, but somewhat limp. some marks on neck, but no open skin. I have him in small cage with 90 heat. What can I feed him directly?

If this just happened, the last thing I would be thinking about is feeding. How old is the baby?

If this just happened, the last thing I would be thinking about is feeding.

Agreed. And don't try to give it water either! If it's not feeling well it could aspirate water and die. I would put it in a warm, quiet place and leave it totally undisturbed for a few hours at least. It's difficult to sit back and do nothing, but with reptiles (and birds) sometimes that is the best thing you can do for them. This baby is probably under a tremendous amount of stress right now and needs time to calm down. You handling it or constantly checking on it is only going to add to the stress, which could push it over the edge. After a while of leaving it alone reassess how it's doing. If it's injured there's not much you can really do right now anyway. Let him stabilize.

Get him back in his cage so he can warm up and leave him alone. If he is too injured, there is nothing you can do anyways. Get your heat to about 80-no reason to cook him now.

Back
Top Bottom