Help!!! Ambilobe Panther Egg is browning.

TimmyG

I have had the two eggs in the same space (dark closet with temp between 74 and 78 since End of May). The one slightly covered up has turned brownish. Am I doing anything wrong? Is this normal? Please Help.
20201115_094705.jpg

it's no good... anything could cause it..can the eggs breathe, I put small pinholes in the container....too much water will drown it, drastic temp changes or too dry would do it in

Last edited:
Looks like the brown egg is dying or wasn't good in the first place. What temperature are you incubating them at.

Why do you have only two? Just curious.

it's no good... anything could cause it..can the eggs breathe, I put small pinholes in the container....too much water will drown it, drastic temp changes or too dry would do it in
container has small holes in it and the conditions have been the same for both eggs. temp has been 75 to 76

NP.....any idea about hatching time for the 1 good egg. Its been at approximately 74 to 76 degrees for going on 6 months

Well how old was the egg when you got it? If the egg is that deep it might have problem pipping. That substrate looks rather moist IMO and that egg is too deep, looks like it rotted to moisture or wasn't any good to begin with. If you've had it for six months it should have showed earlier if it was a bad egg.

Unless that egg is causing a problem I wouldn't remove it. Imo when I bred bearded dragon that was the egg that hatched have you humidity probe in there

in the wild the female buries the eggs and I'm sure all of them don't make it in the cluster...I'm sure most do though...

Thanks, it was laid April 29th, 2020.....I uncovered it a little and the medium is not too moist.....If I picked it up and squeezed, no water would come out.....the top has holes in it to breathe. should I check the humidity level?

Thanks, it was laid April 29th, 2020.....I uncovered it a little and the medium is not too moist.....If I picked it up and squeezed, no water would come out.....the top has holes in it to breathe. should I check the humidity level?
As I stated yes check and put a gauge in there for humidity if you are not fiddling about you to much if you do mist don't mist the eggs and imo you don't need to move that egg

When did the egg stop looking like the other one? Did it have beads of moisture on it?
it was never as white as the other one but it started turning this way about a month ago...it did appear to sweat a little but I did not know if it was the humidity in the container medium.....I made sure during the entire process to not add much water. I would say that the humidity has been about the same for the entirety

If it's been like that for a month or more then I would say the baby is dead..or since it wasn't as white as the other one, it might have been infertile or already not a healthy embryo. You can leave it there for now as long as it doesn't mold over or obviously start to rot.

I had one that did discolor and sweat. Then it puffed back up a month later sweat and hatched. There's a million scenarios and two possible outcomes. Be patient on it though.

Back
Top Bottom