Helmeted Chameleon surprise

I’m still playing with the UVB
Right now I have a 6% Arcadia in the fixture. I’m getting UVI from about 8 at the screen. I have a 12% bulb that I think I’ll try out and see how well I can dial that one in maybe going up to a UVI of 10 (?)

I have some small incandescent bulbs regulated by a herpstat for them as well. I set their basking temp to 75 and I have 69-70 ambient day time temps. I might lower that temp a little. This time of year I’m having no trouble dropping into the 50’s at night

i am trying out the Arcadia jungle dawn led strips for the plants. They’re pretty bright. The T hoe’s reacted immediately to putting those on by basking below them as well
Amazing! Thank you for sharing. I’m a massive Arcadia fan. I did a lot of research before upgrading and found a research paper where they took multiple beardy babies and split them in into groups and for a 120 days they subjected each group to different brands of uvb, using the sun as a control group. They periodically took blood work from each dragon to determine d3 levels within the blood and Arcadia came out as coming somewhere close to sun levels.
Please take that summary as layman terms. I’m sure I murdered the actual results, but that was the general overview. I’ll try find the paper

Amazing! Thank you for sharing. I’m a massive Arcadia fan. I did a lot of research before upgrading and found a research paper where they took multiple beardy babies and split them in into groups and for a 120 days they subjected each group to different brands of uvb, using the sun as a control group. They periodically took blood work from each dragon to determine d3 levels within the blood and Arcadia came out as coming somewhere close to sun levels.
Please take that summary as layman terms. I’m sure I murdered the actual results, but that was the general overview. I’ll try find the paper
https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/jpn.12728 lets see how inaccurately I remember the article ?

Back
Top Bottom