Hello

D Newb

Hello all,

New member of the forums here. Happy to join the community as I embark on my chameleon ownership. I had a uromastyx in my early 20s and now that I'm older (hopefully wiser) my wife has been encouraging me to follow my desire to enjoy life with a chameleon. I've been WFH ever since the lockdowns started and I plan to setup my office for my future coworker.

My plan has been to take the summer for learning, preparing, and establishing his environment. Once I am confident I have the proper needs met I will shop around for my new friend. We view this as a marathon not a sprint and I love infrastructure so getting everything established is an enjoyable start to the journey.

This forum and the chameleon academy have been fantastic resources. I have been learning a bunch and setting expectations as much as possible. Thank you for the opportunity to be part of this community!

Derek

Welcome to the forums and the world of chameleons!
Here and the academy are both good places to learn about chameleons! What species of chameleon do you hope to get.

What species of uro did you have? I had a few over the years...they were all great!

I had a Nigerian uromastyx with a wonderful yellow belly. I am partial to panthers and have my eyes on an Ambanja or Ambilobe. Nice colors are always appreciated (love the yellows and blues), but I'll be happy with any guy. I don't want to judge my choice based on sire/dame photos.

I liked the Nigerian uro's! I liked all the ones I had though.
It amazed me how they could crunch dried lentils like they were nothing.

I never judge the chameleon by the parents...you can never be sure what you'll get!

Back
Top Bottom