Hello

valentina00

Hello my chameleon just got this black spot on her skin and im really worried? Can you guys help me out ? Thank you

Attachments

• DE4DAEDB-51E6-4B68-B6A7-A5E3B320E6DB.jpeg
    DE4DAEDB-51E6-4B68-B6A7-A5E3B320E6DB.jpeg
    252.2 KB · Views: 121
Your Chameleon - Veiled chameleon, around 1 year and a half
Handling - Everyday
Feeding - Around 12 waxworms mix with mealworms , hornworms sometimes. 5 superworms a week and use them as dessert.
Supplements - Repti calcium D3 with every feeding
Watering - water dripper and manual misting. I mist her before i leave the house when i get home i mist every 4 hours.
Fecal Description - im worried because she has these black marks on the skin.
History - It was when i put on the lights

Cage Info:

Cage Type - 16Lx16wx30 H , shes getting new cage this week
Lighting - halogen basking spot 7w and reptisun watt 0.5 60w
Temperature - temperature goes 75- 90
Humidity - Humidity, can vary between 55-72
Plants - plastic plants
Placement - it is in my room in the middle where its more quiet and peacefuls from
Location - New york

Current problem - im worried because she has these black marks on the skin.
History - It was when i put on the lights

I'd suggest you take her to a vet. Calcium + D3 should only be given 2x a month not everyday. Calcium without D3 everyday. Has she ever laid eggs for you before? I'm also assuming your UVB light is a dome Reptisun 5.0 correct? You should really get a T5HO linear UVB bulb for her. The dome lights don't do as much as they say they do.

I'd suggest you take her to a vet. Calcium + D3 should only be given 2x a month not everyday. Calcium without D3 everyday. Has she ever laid eggs for you before? I'm also assuming your UVB light is a dome Reptisun 5.0 correct? You should really get a T5HO linear UVB bulb for her. The dome lights don't do as much as they say they do.

Thank you im going to keep that in mind and buy her the T5HO, but she has two lights, can you tell me the right lights for each? She did laid eggs like 3 months ago.

As stated above you need to fix a few things asap such as the lighting. Supplements need to be corrected. Mealworms should never be fed as they can cause them to become impacted. Waxworms should be used as treats not a staple because they are high in fat. I too would say she needs to go to a vet. MBD is a concern here and the bruising is concerning. Also your profile pic of her laying on the bed... that is not a common thing for a healthy cham to do.
Here are some images that will help you.
Supplements pic.jpeg
Gutloading 101.jpeg
UVB lighting pic.jpeg
nonUVB pic.jpeg
Basic Feeder pic.jpeg

are the lights on top of the cage??? 90 is too hot, it should be at 85. it may be a possible burn, but has she taken any falls lately due to incorrect supplementing????

As stated above you need to fix a few things asap such as the lighting. Supplements need to be corrected. Mealworms should never be fed as they can cause them to become impacted. Waxworms should be used as treats not a staple because they are high in fat. I too would say she needs to go to a vet. MBD is a concern here and the bruising is concerning. Also your profile pic of her laying on the bed... that is not a common thing for a healthy cham to do.
Here are some images that will help you.
View attachment 224403View attachment 224404View attachment 224405View attachment 224406View attachment 224407
Thank you so much, im going to follow the steps on that pictures. Also i did took her to the vet like a month ago and they said everything was good.

are the lights on top of the cage??? 90 is too hot, it should be at 85. it may be a possible burn, but has she taken any falls lately due to incorrect supplementing????

Yes the lights are on too of the cage, I’m getting the new cage this week. No shes very active and hasn’t got any falls due to incorrect. Sometimes she doesn’t want to eat im guessing its because she gets bored of the same food, but then i change the food.

Also will you please take a picture of her grasping on to branches? I'd really like to see a picture of her in a natural position and get a good look at her limbs.

Have you found out yet ? Has it gone away. When Chams get cut or "bruised" it shows as black marks. This looks different I am curious.

The OP has been inactive for months, unlikely you will get a response.

:confused: Yea sorry I am trying to be active as I see quite a bit of knowledge.

I try too look at the dates, but they do not seem to be in order, or at least I cant sort by date.
I will try to look closer. This one got me with "FEB 27"

Have they ever talked about the organization of the site before ? Is there a page on it. I am still trying to find out how to post a blog.

Back
Top Bottom