Hello, New Member Here.

Roachman

Hello chameleon keepers. I used to keep chameleons back in the 90's. I got out of insectivores because I hated messing with crickets. A couple of years ago, I discovered the joys of roaches. Since then I have been fighting the urge to get another chameleon (or a whole bunch), but I am losing the battle...

In the past I kept veiled, panthers, Jackson's and Meller's. A buddy was into the Brookesia, so I learned a little about those too. I have not had a chameleon of my own for around 10 years now, and I've joined the forum to see what I've missed in the last decade. I'd really like to get a CBB Meller's but I understand those are hard to come by. It also seems a shame to keep something so precious, when I have no immediate plans to breed. For those reasons, I'm leaning toward a surplus male panther this time around.

My current reptile collection consists of 2.4.11 sulcata tortoises, 0.0.21 South African leopard tortoises (10 yearlings and 11 hatchlings), 1.0.0 Blackthroated Monitor, 1.0.0 Argentine Black and White Tegu, 0.0.1 Northern Blue Tongue Skink, plus some tarantulas, a vietnamese centipede, and around 100,000 roaches of four species.:)

Thanks to Clarkrw for referring me to this great forum. ... okay, I have days of chameleon reading to catch up on now. Questions to follow.

I beat you over here :D
Nice to see a familiar face on here! :)
I did not know you had that many lizards and creepy crawlies. Just thinking about the spiders and centipede makes me feel all funny!

Welcome to the forums! I've recently emerged myself into this hobby (a week ago), and can tell you im excited to learn more. There are plenty of nice and welcoming members on this forum , so don't be afraid to ask ?'s.

Hello, welcome to the forum :) That's quite a collection of reptiles you've got. Might as well get a new chameleon :)

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum :)
Just recently I found the joy of roaches... easy care and no smell :D

maybe its the girl in me but y is it that u like keeping roaches instead of crickets?
those things make my skin crawl lol. hey welcome to the forum im a new member but loving it here very patient and knowledgeable people and resources.

maybe its the girl in me but y is it that u like keeping roaches instead of crickets?
those things make my skin crawl lol. hey welcome to the forum im a new member but loving it here very patient and knowledgeable people and resources.

:D I'm a 50yr old lady and I never thought I would touch a roach. But after a year of smelling crickets and finding out more about their nutrician and how easy they are to breed... I just figured I would deal with it for the health of my reptiles :)

Back
Top Bottom