Hello All! New Here getting a panther chameleon...

kjburto

Hello Everyone!

Another new guy post. I am getting a male panther chameleon this week from Kammerflage Kreations and I am pretty stoked about it. Just looking to introduce myself and ask for some opinions on lighting and misting schedules. I have spent a good deal of time just lurking around here ready and spent the last 2 weeks building my cage for him. I asked them to wait on sending him till his new habitat is ready to accommodate him.

My setup includes...
24x24x48 DIY screen cage (customized with dragonledges, great stuff pond foam, coconut fiber, moss, sticks, vines, etc.)
HO T5 24" Quad Fixture W/ Arcadia 12% Bulb & 3 x Daylight Bulbs - BUILT IN TIMER - lightyourreptiles.com
Mistking Ultimate mist system
Couple plants (Pathos, Umbrella, some ferns and others, bromeliad.)
65 watt Plant light for basking

br72IQP.jpg

Anyway I am also curious what people recommend for a staple diet. I would like 3 different main choices which will include crickets to start off with. Just looking for best roach's and/or worms.

Also looking for recommendations on lighting schedule and mosting schedule. I am thinking about starting the day off in the morning with just the basking light for about 30 minutes or so, then bringing on the 12% UVB bulb and 1 plant bulb for another 30 minutes or so, then finally the last 2 bulbs. I want to bring the lights on up to full slowly over an hour and a half. Then at night do the reverse to turn everything off with the final 2 blue LEDS for about an hour or so.

I am also thinking of the misting more heavily at night and right before the lights start coming on. I am also thinking about misting once or twice during the daytime maybe around 11:00 AM and 1:00 PM or so, but turning the basking light off during these times. Anyway just wondering what other people do.

I am also thinking about a fan as well.

Welcome to the forum, and great job on the enclosure! Lights 12 on 12 off, and think about incorporating drainage.

Welcome to the forum, and great job on the enclosure! Lights 12 on 12 off, and think about incorporating drainage.

Thank you!

Yeah I already have my drainage setup it's a drainage tray from dragonstrand.com and an outlet to a 5 gal bucket.

Hello Everyone!

Another new guy post. I am getting a male panther chameleon this week from Kammerflage Kreations and I am pretty stoked about it. Just looking to introduce myself and ask for some opinions on lighting and misting schedules. I have spent a good deal of time just lurking around here ready and spent the last 2 weeks building my cage for him. I asked them to wait on sending him till his new habitat is ready to accommodate him.

My setup includes...
24x24x48 DIY screen cage (customized with dragonledges, great stuff pond foam, coconut fiber, moss, sticks, vines, etc.)
HO T5 24" Quad Fixture W/ Arcadia 12% Bulb & 3 x Daylight Bulbs - BUILT IN TIMER - lightyourreptiles.com
Mistking Ultimate mist system
Couple plants (Pathos, Umbrella, some ferns and others, bromeliad.)
65 watt Plant light for basking

br72IQP.jpg

Anyway I am also curious what people recommend for a staple diet. I would like 3 different main choices which will include crickets to start off with. Just looking for best roach's and/or worms.

Also looking for recommendations on lighting schedule and mosting schedule. I am thinking about starting the day off in the morning with just the basking light for about 30 minutes or so, then bringing on the 12% UVB bulb and 1 plant bulb for another 30 minutes or so, then finally the last 2 bulbs. I want to bring the lights on up to full slowly over an hour and a half. Then at night do the reverse to turn everything off with the final 2 blue LEDS for about an hour or so.

I am also thinking of the misting more heavily at night and right before the lights start coming on. I am also thinking about misting once or twice during the daytime maybe around 11:00 AM and 1:00 PM or so, but turning the basking light off during these times. Anyway just wondering what other people do.

I am also thinking about a fan as well.

There is one thing all good keepers do, keep it simple!

The only critique I would have, would to see if you can rout the hoses to your misting nozzles around the light instead. I had a similar setup and the constant light/UVB exposure ended up baking the hoses and eventually got brittle and cracked. Other than that, setup looks good! Once the foliage grows in, it will be a perfect jungle canopy for your Panther! What did you get from Kammerflage if you don't mind me asking? I recently got a Blue Ambanja from them at the Super Reptile Show in San Diego. My first actual specimen from them, I've had close to a dozen Panthers, but first one from them! I'm excited to see what the outcome is.

The only critique I would have, would to see if you can rout the hoses to your misting nozzles around the light instead. I had a similar setup and the constant light/UVB exposure ended up baking the hoses and eventually got brittle and cracked. Other than that, setup looks good! Once the foliage grows in, it will be a perfect jungle canopy for your Panther! What did you get from Kammerflage if you don't mind me asking? I recently got a Blue Ambanja from them at the Super Reptile Show in San Diego. My first actual specimen from them, I've had close to a dozen Panthers, but first one from them! I'm excited to see what the outcome is.

I got "Ampiosongo-fantatra" (AKA Also Known As) 100% Ambilobe, "high blue"

Back
Top Bottom