Hello guys i have a very dumb ?

Brian29

But here goes i got a veiled chameleon he is 6 mouths old and very healthy but someone told me that male veiled chameleons can lay eggs to i know this mite be a dumb ?

Yea he has spireson his feet but i found out it was lies veiled chameleon cant have babie i feel dumb for even asking lol

Heres a pic and the reason i have him in warm water is cuz im tryin to softin his poop

Attachments

• 1566076298982-1098032041.jpg
    1566076298982-1098032041.jpg
    87.9 KB · Views: 115
Heres a pic and the reason i have him in warm water is cuz im tryin to softin his poop
Hi Brian. Please take your chameleon out of the water and put back in his enclosure. Then come back and explain why you think he’s constipated. It sounds like you are really in need of some information and education on caring for your little guy and you are in the right place. If you could fill out the help form, you will be given the best information on keeping your guy happy and healthy.

Here is some recommended information to include when asking for help in the health clinic forum. By providing this information you will receive more accurate and beneficial responses. It might not be necessary to answer all these questions, but the more you provide the better. Please remember that even the most knowledgeable person can only guess at what your problem may be. Only an experienced reptile veterinarian who can directly examine your animal can give a true diagnosis of your chameleon's health.

Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?
  • Location - Where are you geographically located?
Current Problem - The current problem you are concerned about.

--------------

Please Note:
  1. The more details you provide the better and more accurate help you will receive.
  2. Photos can be very helpful.

You have a boy. No need for the water treatment. The form one of the previous posters suggested you fill out is a good idea. Personally, I’d sit down, fill out the form on a word processing document, and have a copy that you can always copy and paste here. It’ll save you a ton of time.

Welcome @Brian you have 2 excellent keepers that can help . I just wanted to add the reason bathing is not recommended for chameleon’s . Their stress value is much higher then other reptiles. They live up high in tree’s in their environment . They have Vasque cover , limbs to travel and hind in . Their water source is mostly from fog , dew and or rain . If they have dry spells they will eat greens for their water value . They also get water from there feeders . Our insects that we feed do not have the national value as wild . So that’s why we need to supply Additional value . (supplementing ) . They would never take a bath in there natural environment . They are also pray . Yes we are keeping them but that instincts will never change .

Ask as many questions as you need . We have wonderful keepers here along with amazing care sheets .

Brian29...please answer the questions MissSkittles asked you to answer. We don't want to see your chameleon die so you need to be sure your care/husbandry is right as soon as possible. Please be specific...for instance when we ask about supplements we want to know what brand it is and whether it's a vitamin powder, calcium powder or a calcium/D3 powder.

@Brian29 So sorry if I sounded a bit gruff. Had just woken and hadn’t yet had enough coffee. Please do your best to answer the help form questions so that we can help you with whatever you and your chameleon may need. I’m new here and with chameleons too and without the help and education of this forum, my chameleon would have died. I have to go to work now, but there are so very many awesome people here who will help you. :)

Back
Top Bottom