Hello from South Africa

Tygerr

Avid Member
Hi everyone. I've been a member here for a few weeks now, but this is my first post. This site has been invaluable to me whilst doing research for my new pet.

I finally got my chameleon - a baby Veiled whom I named "Invader Zim" (after the hugely underrated cartoon series - if you haven't seen it, try to watch it some time. It's not what you'd expect).

He is currently approximately 6 weeks old. A little younger than the suggested age for a new chameleon, but dealers in South Africa are relatively scarce, and after many weeks of preparation for the new pet, when I finally got an opportunity to get a chameleon I took it. He was about the largest male of a litter of Veileds at a reptile show.

I look forward to tracking his progress with you in future posts, and to continue learning from the wealth of experience that exists amongst the members of this site.

I've posted some photos of Zim in my gallery. I can't wait to do a whole lot more, but my presence seems to stress him a bit at this stage, so I'd rather let him grow into his surroundings for a while before I do anymore photoshoots...

Welcome, and Congrats. They are truly amazing creatures. I have found that the personalitys in these guys far exceed other herps I have kept. Keep us posted, and post any questions you run into. We will help to the best of our ability.

Frank

Back
Top Bottom