Hello everyone...

RexxaR777

Hi everyone i need help with my less than year old female Veiled Chameleon.. The thing is i belive she will laying eggs she start walking around the enclosure a lot trying to get out of it ,her belly is bigger then normal , eating less then before ,showing yellow and blue colours..... all the symptoms for eggs laying... i put inside plastic box full with coconut something (from Pets at home advise me to take this ) but she doesn’t want to go there ...... not digging nothing.... She eat one-two crickets per day , drink water normally ...She is like this from nearly 5 weeks .....So please give me some advice ... MANY THANKS

Hi everyone i need help with my less than year old female Veiled Chameleon.. The thing is i belive she will laying eggs she start walking around the enclosure a lot trying to get out of it ,her belly is bigger then normal , eating less then before ,showing yellow and blue colours..... all the symptoms for eggs laying... i put inside plastic box full with coconut something (from Pets at home advise me to take this ) but she doesn’t want to go there ...... not digging nothing.... She eat one-two crickets per day , drink water normally ...She is like this from nearly 5 weeks .....So please give me some advice ... MANY THANKS
1st thing is prepare a lay bin. Around 12 inch wide and 10-12 inches deep.

Most folk, myself included use a mixture of organic topsoil and playsand. Mix it up and have it moist, so that if you dig into it, the hole stays intact.

Do this NOW.

Ideally this should be in her enclosure permanently. If that's not possible, it needs to be a tall sided container that she can't escape from. I also place a small weeping fig and a bendy vine in there to allow her to to move up/down and give a little cover.

She will show a loss of appetite and be very restless as she approaches laying. She will go the floor looking for a digging spot but if you don't have that in the cage, take her out and pop her into the lay bin.

She needs to be left alone and given privacy. If needed cover the lower parts of cage sides and stay away. If she feels secure and the soil is right, the will start to dig. If you interrupt her, she may well abandon the hole causing her more stress to do it all again. A nursery camera is great for keeping an eye without disturbing her.

Make sure you have a chameleon vet phone number at hand and be ready to take her just in case! Have a carry box ready to go as well. (You should know your vet already).

Edit.
Don't shop or ask for advice from people who know bugger all but will sell you what they have even if it's not right.

she got all the signs except restless ... she is walking all around trying to escape from the viv when i took her and place her on the window she can stay there all day staring out every time when i open the viv she try to reach that window she go there and try climb just to have a look outside.... before this start(5-6 weeks ago) i took her for the first time outsite on the sun and she was happy and shortly after that all this starts....before when i show her crickets she became mad eat 9-10 per day 5th generation which is big.... now 1 max 2 per day ..... which is strange for her ..... Many thanks for the help BTW really appreciate thanks

she got all the signs except restless ... she is walking all around trying to escape from the viv when i took her and place her on the window she can stay there all day staring out every time when i open the viv she try to reach that window she go there and try climb just to have a look outside.... before this start(5-6 weeks ago) i took her for the first time outsite on the sun and she was happy and shortly after that all this starts....before when i show her crickets she became mad eat 9-10 per day 5th generation which is big.... now 1 max 2 per day ..... which is strange for her ..... Many thanks for the help BTW really appreciate thanks
That is restlessness. On a window ledge she doesn't have options.

Mine usually doesn't want to know me but for a week before, she'll be all over the viv and come straight out onto me. If you provide what she needs, then she should be fine. If you don't provide this, it could be a death sentence, so please don't wait, get setup now.

This is what is in her enclosure permanently;
1557143140714786179611082695563.jpg

I also used this the first time and keep it handy just in case, popping a plant and vine in it.;
15571432369032118064326749611981.jpg

The top bit has the base cut out and I placed her in then duck taped the seams. I put a low watt bulb above for heat and turned off on usual schedule. She used this 1st time and since used the permanent one.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom