Hello Everyone

sisco

Hello, I'm new to the forum and just wanted to say hey.
Also I'm the proud new owner of a 3 month old veilled chameleon and I was wondering how often they shed. Thanks in advance.
Later.

Sisco

Shedding dpends on too many factors to give a tem period. It is more frequent at a younger age than an adult age. It can depend on for examples; the change in humidity, temperatures, age, diet, growth rate... etc

Shedding isnt a huge deal in my opinion. Keep the humidity up during half the day and let it dry out for a while. when you see the skin start to shed, give the chameleon a long shower followed by a drying period to help the skin progress.

Thanks. I was just curious as this is my first chameleon and I am excited to see her shed. I heard their colors get brighter with every shed as they are growing is this true?

sisco said:
Thanks. I was just curious as this is my first chameleon and I am excited to see her shed. I heard their colors get brighter with every shed as they are growing is this true?
It is often the case. Depends the species really, but you will notice the new underlying skin is brighter because the shed skin isn't clear, and is full of dirt and ect.

Back
Top Bottom