Hello everyone. Advise on cham please.

Hi Ryan, sorry I had to step away from the forum! You will find there is life outside of it!!! It is addicting being on here though, especially if you are new and wanting to learn. When chams are young they will shed about every two weeks and they do whole body sheds. As they become older they shed less and less and shed in parts like your other lizard. As far as Veilds being nasty and agressive when they age, I would say depends on the animal and your relationship with them. There are plenty of people on here who have Veilds that are super sweet at all ages. Both of my panthers are super sweet too. Again as far as other pets stressing them out depends on your chameleon. Mine are in the same room with my cockatiel and do not seem bothered at all. Chams really don't have ears so they probably wont be bothered by music but maybe by a loud vibrating bass they would. Lastly Carlos is Awesome! Well gotta run. Hope to see you around on the forum here!!

oh...so the country that finally caved and let you live there is England? i take supplements because im 6 foot 4 inches, 235 pounds and i want to be 250. =) =) same reason as the lizards...and yep.... still awake.

No, England doesn't let anyone who's not born there or have family there stay. It's almost as bad as the US to get into legally. I moved from there to NY in November.

Can't you just eat to get heavier? Works very well for me, I can give you advice ;)

Goatsniper: I see you live in San Diego, in 3 weeks there will be a Reptile Super Show at the Concourse/Civic Center. It's on the 6/30-7/01 there great shows and you can see before you buy. No pesky shipping charges and there are deals to be had there.

Cool, thanks alot guys! I will be at that reptile show. and seeco, thanks alot for that. I actually just got a call from the recruiting lieutenant informing me that I will be competing against over 300 people for less than 30 spots to get in in January. Guess its time to get my mile and a half time down.

you're welcome
also, Here's my opinion on general temps:

Veiled/Chamaeleo:
day basking spot up to 96.5F/36C (Non breeding females and Juveniles hottest spot should be kept at a lower temp, closer to 80F)
day cooler spot / ambient range 70-80F/21 -26C
night to a low of 60F/15.5C (Juveniles only down to 68F)

Panther/Fucifer:
day basking spot 90F/32C (Non breeding females and Juvenile basking spot should be kept at a lower temp, closer to 80F)
day cooler spot / ambient range 70-80F /21 -26C
night to a low of 65F/18C
(juveniles only down to 68F)

Back
Top Bottom