Hello, Chameleon loverssss :)

First of all welcome! My biggest tip is to get A mist king!! It will make your new addiction much easyer to maintain!! You found the best forums to learn about chams on the web. So start reading!!! lol

Thank you :)

Where do you usually let your cham have free range time? Our guy is still pretty small, but we have just been taking him on his hibiscus outside for a couple hours a day--- with supervision haha Definitely!

How often does your auto mister mist the cage?? We have been doing hand misting so far. How much did yours cost?

again, thanks a bunch for the ideasss!!!

I have a 6 foot ficus that I let them hang out in from time to time. I have a Mercury Vapor bulb above it so that they can get some UVB and heat if they want it, but mostly they stay in the bushy parts. I can leave them unsupervised for the whole day if I really want to as they have not shown any inclination to want to leave the tree. The plant is indoors. If I bring them outside, I have a little "tanning" cage that I put them in. It's small for them but I put a feeder or two to make them feel a little comfortable and they soak up rays in there.

My mister is set for 6 or 7 times a day for varying lengths of time. I bought the Mist King Ultimate Value for $170 at a reptile show. It is the one single thing that has made keeping very easy. I don't worry about hydration or humidity ever. I have 3 cages so that's why I have this particular system. There is a beginner Mist King system for $99, and it's easily expandable for multiple cages. There are other systems for less, but their timers aren't as good. They're fine for 1 cage and I believe you have to fill the reservoir once a day (depending on your mist schedule). Won't really comment on how good or bad they may be since I've never used them.

Back
Top Bottom