Hello all!

djdanny402

Hello and happy new year all!

I'm the prod new owner of a baby panther chamelian named Rex that was a Christmas present from my wife.
Just wanted to say hello and look forward to conversing with all!

Any good tips for a newb?

So far we brought him home 2 days ago
Hes drinking and eating and moving about his enclosure seems pretty well.
Only issue I have seems to be crickets jumping about out of the cup I have lol

Welcome and congratulations. It sounds like your chameleon is settling in nicely. I'd maybe give him some time to adjust to the new environment before hand taming. Maybe post some pictures if you can, we all like pics!

Sure! This was the first day bringing him home, posted on instigram. Forgive the quality!

Attachments

• IMG_3287.JPG
    IMG_3287.JPG
    158 KB · Views: 118
He looks good! I also use a scheflerra in my enclosure. They handle a modest amount of water and are great for holding water droplets and providing climbing areas.

so my fear happened this morning lol. a cricket escaped the enclosure and freaked out my wife pretty bad :x

so my fear happened this morning lol. a cricket escaped the enclosure and freaked out my wife pretty bad :x

Small crickets are escape artists. I keep mine in a critter keeper and had to wrap the lid with plastic and poke holes in it for air ventilation. the plastic makes it harder for them to escape through the lid.

turns out they can jump and grab the vents on the lid and crawl through. I havent had any escape my enclosure though. My chameleon is ruthless and doesnt allow escapees.

I actually tossed the Tupperware can thing in the fridge for a few minutes that I house the crickets in.
They became pretty sluggish and docile, and was way easier to grab and place them in the enclosure.

Yes! Great read!
I picked the brain as well of the store owner where I got Rex from. The guy gave me basically all the same info
( good with the bad lol )

Back
Top Bottom