held a crestie

That's cute!

I took care or a leopard gecko who had mbd and she was really cute. Class pet. If I had known then what I know now I could saved her :(

Louie

I've had my crested gecko for a year and a half. He's pretty amazing! I find him relatively easy to care for. I have a 18X18X24 and will never need a new enclosure. He eats rapashy crested gecko food which is pretty much a protein powder and has all the nutrients he needs. I will also feed him some dusted crickets once a week to keep him active. Mine is full grown and is about six inches long. I mist once in the morning to bring his humidity up to 50-60% then again at night to around 80%. He also loved being handled. He jumps onto my hand all the time. The only problem is they do get scared easily and will run fast if they hear a loud noise. The problem with this is that they can loose their tail but it won't grow back. I started holding him right away so he's very used to it. As for lighting you don't need anything as long as your house doesn't go below 65 or above 80 as this can kill them. I added a picture or Louie for you! Hope this helps! :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 108
I've had my crested gecko for a year and a half. He's pretty amazing! I find him relatively easy to care for. I have a 18X18X24 and will never need a new enclosure. He eats rapashy crested gecko food which is pretty much a protein powder and has all the nutrients he needs. I will also feed him some dusted crickets once a week to keep him active. Mine is full grown and is about six inches long. I mist once in the morning to bring his humidity up to 50-60% then again at night to around 80%. He also loved being handled. He jumps onto my hand all the time. The only problem is they do get scared easily and will run fast if they hear a loud noise. The problem with this is that they can loose their tail but it won't grow back. I started holding him right away so he's very used to it. As for lighting you don't need anything as long as your house doesn't go below 65 or above 80 as this can kill them. I added a picture or Louie for you! Hope this helps! :)

Actually it's anything above 90 and anything below 55 that can kill them, many very intelligent breeders such as Allen repashy and adam black and Philippe de vosjoli etc keep their cresties at 85 and are very successful. The optimal temperature is 75-82. And as low as 65-70 during the night

This is all very interesting!! Thanks for sharing guys!!
So far its still a no go with Jared and mom :( but I'm working on it he he

Haha.

I think I'm gonna have to stick to just a cham right now :( no amount of pouting charming or hey look how cute it is is working lol

maybe some reverse psychology will work here!!! Stop talking about them!!! I was completely shocked when my husband suggested to get another reptile to fill the tank we just emptied (beardie needed a bigger tank) and now yet again he did it!!! Unfortunately our beardie passed away in Aug, and we have an empty tank, now my husband says, what are we going to get to fill that tank!!!! Maybe another beardie????

Ooh good idea:)

Or you know be like "you know...for valentines day I want a gecko or a ring" hahaha yeah I would end up with chocolate....:( lol

Well my plan is to get her on board with liking them then just get one for her and say since you liked it so much I got you one......I'm the one who takes care oh all the animals anyway she just likes them being around and holding them:D

I know :( no quiero chocolate :(

I just want to hold it but mainly I'd have to take care of it which is fine by me but I don't have room :(

Back
Top Bottom