Heating

Do you have a basking light or are you expecting the chameleon to use the Che to bask under?
Please post photos of the cage including the lights and Che.

Do you have a basking light or are you expecting the chameleon to use the Che to bask under?
Please post photos of the cage including the lights and Che.
Iam using just a Che for basking an lights obviously uvb an grow lights I do have a basking bulb just been tryin get my temps right during the day … I also have a dimmer I could dim the heat bulb I just like the Che better just was wondering if those temps are ok ? He to answer the previous question sry

Archie

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    195.9 KB · Views: 39
Iam using just a Che for basking an lights obviously uvb an grow lights I do have a basking bulb just been tryin get my temps right during the day … I also have a dimmer I could dim the heat bulb I just like the Che better just was wondering if those temps are ok ? He to answer the previous question sry
I think it partly depends on what you're using for a plant light. I have plant lights that are so bright, my ambilobe panther tries to bask under them—even though it's colder than under his basking light. Chameleons sometimes do this—try to bask under the brightest light.

This one reason (among others) that I often recommend mounting the basking light at an angle, so that it shines on a basking site directly below the brightest light.
1649871768034.png

To answer the original question, low-mid 80s isn't an unreasonable target basking temperature.
Mine is around 82.5, but the angle of the basking light also provides a gradient (as shown), so he can choose warmer or cooler is he wants.

@Klyde O'Scope has explained an important thing...chameleons usually don't recognize Che's as sources of heat...but look to the light for heat.

Back
Top Bottom