Heating Light!

Ladynyce

I just seen steam coming from my heating light and the plastic on the cage was melting! Its a 75W basking light ... I dont understand!

What plastic? What kind of cage are you using?

Do you have a photo of the setup?
I am using the cgae the pet shop gave me! There is plastic around the screens on each side of the cage! if u look at my profile u will see an album or 2 or them they both show what kind if cage I am using! It just started ti melt downpushing the screen inwards!

None of the pictures show a good picture of your cage. Please post up some photos of the cage so we can see what is going on.

yea i cant see the type of cage you have...i have reptibreez's and theyre all metal..the frame look like plastic but its black metal. Can you tell us the name of the co. that made it? or post some pics of the cage itself

yea i cant see the type of cage you have...i have reptibreez's and theyre all metal..the frame look like plastic but its black metal. Can you tell us the name of the co. that made it? or post some pics of the cage itself
Yes will do! I can't remember who made it I got this cage a while ago!

ladynyce-albums-cage-picture22661-a.jpg

If you have the means I suggest going getting a light stand ASAP to save your cage and to not bake your Cham. With the light that close they can over heat easily.

http://www.petguys.com/-09761232200...tm_medium=GoogleShopping&utm_campaign=PetGuys

I hate to say this because I do not like supporting Petco and petsmart but you should be able to purchase one there.
What I do in emergencies is purchase there and then but it from a sponsor as well and once the product from one of the site sponsors has come in- ill return the one from the store and get my money back. :)

If you have the means I suggest going getting a light stand ASAP to save your cage and to not bake your Cham. With the light that close they can over heat easily.

http://www.petguys.com/-09761232200...tm_medium=GoogleShopping&utm_campaign=PetGuys

I hate to say this because I do not like supporting Petco and petsmart but you should be able to purchase one there.
What I do in emergencies is purchase there and then but it from a sponsor as well and once the product from one of the site sponsors has come in- ill return the one from the store and get my money back. :)
I have the heating light at least 6-7 inches away from his basking spot! I need a new cage anyways alot bigger then the one I have now! I just want this to last me until then. I dobt need his cage melting and my bulb is only 75W. I am definitely gonna get a light stand, are they long?

Back
Top Bottom