heating and lighting

Cibarra982

Hey guys and gals,
So im running a 18x18x36 and I just got all my lighting and such and this is how I have my set up.... I have the zoomed temp/hum controller with the reptifoger, I have a day and night lamp and a zilla slim line UVB. It seems that I can get his basking to 88-90 how ever my tank maintains from 70 to 75. Is that ok? Also what di I need to run for hum percentage? I am looking at getting a Panther Chameleon.

Thank you in advance.

First off night lamps are a no-go. an optimal day/night cycle would be 12 on 12 off, absolutely no light at night. second depending on the age of the chameleon you plan to get 88-90 is probably to high, i would think the highest should be more like 85. and for your UVB the prefered light is the linear reptisun 5.0

re

ok i can ditch the night light, and my asking is about that, but what about the over all temp for the tank.... also what percentage should I be running with hum?

71 is good during the day, and you want temps to be around 60-65 at night, as for humidity try attaining somewhere between 50-70% or higher. With good misting cycles and live plants it shouldn't be to hard to get. you really should look into getting a different uvb light too.

Ok then Hum is not a prob at all, I am running a reptisun 5.0 18' tube, so if the temp at night frops past 65 is that when I should use the night light or never?

look up up jannb in the members list she has a great care sheet for panther or veiled chameleons that'll tell you everything you need to know.

Even if temps drop down to 55 you'd be fine, but most likely that'll never happen since you live in california and as long as you're keep inside during the winter i'm sure you'll be fine. Although worse case scenario you can get a ceramic heater to bump up the temps alittle. and i thought you had a "zilla" uvb light that's why i mentioned getting something different but the reptisun 5.0 is good.

no the ficture is a slimline tropical fixture 18" but i changed out the bulb and put a, sorry not a reptisun a exoterra reptiglo 5.0 UVB

Already did, and it seems that I have already regulated the temp and the hum. I am pretty happy :) Thank you all for the info.

Back
Top Bottom