heat lighting setup for 2x2x4 cage and DIY PVC Drain

Sugybooks

i have a 5 month old veiled cham, recently upgraded to a bigger cage. I was wondering what is a good lighting setup wattage wise? I was using a 65 watt for the baby cage he had but am thinking I need to go bigger.

Also anyone do any PVC stands for these size cages(24x24x48) and have the blue print for a DIY one? I recently did one but I suck at math and it's not level lol any ideas would be awesome

You can adjust the distance between the bulb and the basking spot to dial in the temp to where you want it. 82 isn't quite as warm as it should be. I would bring up the temp a few degrees if it were me. Also, you can get a good reliable temp gun for 15 - 20 bucks. You want to be SURE what the actual temp is in the basking spot. You said he's cold half the time, so is he warm the other half of the time? They will move around to change their temperature to suit whatever they need at the time. Good luck.

You can adjust the distance between the bulb and the basking spot to dial in the temp to where you want it. 82 isn't quite as warm as it should be. I would bring up the temp a few degrees if it were me. Also, you can get a good reliable temp gun for 15 - 20 bucks. You want to be SURE what the actual temp is in the basking spot. You said he's cold half the time, so is he warm the other half of the time? They will move around to change their temperature to suit whatever they need at the time. Good luck.
I guess I should clarify, he's cold whenever I have felt him but he did start a shed he moment he got in his new cage.

Chameleons are cold blooded. They will usually feel cooler to the touch. As long as you cham is active and moving around, not looking sluggish, then you know he is warm enough and able to warm up when needed. If you are having temp issues with the 65w bulb, move to a higher watt bulb and adjust the fixture height as needed. I am currently using a 75w bulb on my enclosure. Temps read about 92-93*F on the basking branch with the fixture 7 inches above.

I just moved my chameleon to the same size cage and the man I got him from told me that his basking is suppose to be 90 to 98
so I got a 100 watt and it has not hurt mine so far so it is up to you bou mine is running about 88 to 99 at different times. Most of the
time in the high 90's. so good luck with your new cage

K sorry but i dont know how to make threads and i have a emergency my chameleon is on the underside of the bramch with his mouth open amd his eyes closed please notice he ate a ton of crickets before this happened i thought he is too hot at first but idk if that is it so i turned off the lights and everything but i reallt dont know the problem he is 8 weeks old and he looked fine before this sorry! For taking over this thread but i needed EMERGENCY HELP

You can also use a halogen bulb lower wattage and they are shaped to direct all the light in one direction, this intensified the heat with a lower wattage bulb? Hope this helps

Back
Top Bottom