heat light on at night?

Hello! I have a male veiled chameleon I just got a few days ago, he’s 2-3 months old. I was just wondering, I read up that it’s okay to turn off the heat light along with the UVB but when I bought him from the vivarium I was told to keep that light on throughout the night. Anyone have a second opinion on this?

I was told they can adapt at night and keeping the light on could bother their sleep. With that being said, he seemed to sleep okay the first night I got him.

Attachments

• 251E3083-79F8-473C-9553-E7670A193529.png
    251E3083-79F8-473C-9553-E7670A193529.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 156
Hello! I have a male veiled chameleon I just got a few days ago, he’s 2-3 months old. I was just wondering, I read up that it’s okay to turn off the heat light along with the UVB but when I bought him from the vivarium I was told to keep that light on throughout the night. Anyone have a second opinion on this?

I was told they can adapt at night and keeping the light on could bother their sleep. With that being said, he seemed to sleep okay the first night I got him.
No light at all at night. They need 12 hours with light and 12 hours of no light. They need the temp drop at night as well and can handle temp drops down to 50 degrees. See the care sheet under the resources tab.

Back
Top Bottom