Heat lamp

Jocccellynnn

Established Member
Ok so I know I can buy a regular incandescent light bulb but how many watts should it be for a 4ft enclosure? My bulb just went out and I don’t wanna but the wrong wattage. I tried looking for the correct wattage in the chameleon academy website. Would 65 watts be not enough output?

Ok so I know I can buy a regular incandescent light bulb but how many watts should it be for a 4ft enclosure? My bulb just went out and I don’t wanna but the wrong wattage. I tried looking for the correct wattage in the chameleon academy website. Would 65 watts be not enough output?

The wattage depends on individual needs and the ambient temperature of the room the enclosure is kept in. Different species require different temps, and the same goes for females vs. males I believe. 65 is a good middle of the road wattage to start, but it's important to measure the temp at the basking spot to verify that you're at the desired temperature. Some go as high as 75w and others go as low as 40w for the most part.

Well it depends on outside time and how good isolation your room has and what is usual temps in room where is the enclosure. I would use 40 watts or 65. Depends on your general temp in room as I said. Top of the enclosure should be like 28 degrees celsius basking spot should be like 31-32 and the bottom like about 25ish. Good luck😁

The wattage depends on individual needs and the ambient temperature of the room the enclosure is kept in. Different species require different temps, and the same goes for females vs. males I believe. 65 is a good middle of the road wattage to start, but it's important to measure the temp at the basking spot to verify that you're at the desired temperature. Some go as high as 75w and others go as low as 40w for the most part.
Literally posted at the same time 😂😂😂

Back
Top Bottom