Heat lamp for wife

broderp

Avid Member
:rolleyes:

Ok, so like the title says.....

My wife is always cold. Very cold. How cold? In the summer 80-90+ degree's she still always wears at least a lined wind-breaker type jacket. :eek:

Needless to say, during the winter she freezes. My house stays about 65 degrees with no heat on. (Which is fine by me and the kids) Even during the -20 degree weather, I turned my house thermostat to 68 for a few days as the house temp did drop to about 63 degrees.

Enter my Cham, jackson (name only, he's a Veiled). I'm dropping some cash on heat bulbs and terrarium stuff to make him happy and safe and I had a thought...

Can you use a HEAT LAMP (ceramic) to heat a person? Well, I'm sure you can, but my question more specifically is for those of you who may have experience with in colder rooms or climates and that use a mesh cage AND a ceramic heater, what size would you recommend?

One could say I could use a space heater, but I find the heat blowing and heating the entire room wasteful and too hot for me! I'd like to set up a directional heat source for my wife and see if this helps her to sleep. Obviously I want ceramic heat as it is hopefully somewhat directional, as well as emits no light.

My thoughts are to install a dome lamp over her side of the bed, and use a temp monitor to regulate on and off as well as maybe a dimmer switch to fine tune the output.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00862G3TQ/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Ok, this is weird, but she jokingly said she was a reptile, and jealous over my cham getting all the good heat and humidity so I think this may fix her up.

Anyone care to share some insight? ;)

Hahaha, I sit under the free range heat lamp for my chameleon all the time. My husband laughs at me, too.

Yes you can use something like that for a person. Of course they do sell actual heaters for human beings as well.

If it were me though- cold = poor circulation = not so great for long term health. Talk her into enrolling in a tai chi or yoga program...

Yes you can use something like that for a person. Of course they do sell actual heaters for human beings as well.

If it were me though- cold = poor circulation = not so great for long term health. Talk her into enrolling in a tai chi or yoga program...

I already explained my reason for not wanting a heater, she has one but if it's left running like she wants' it would bleed me dry as well as keep the room about 90 degrees :cool: so it's not an option at this time.

In her case cold does not equal poor circulation. She's healthy according to her Dr., works two jobs that require a lot of energy and is on her feet for up to 12 hours a day. She's just cold. :p or as she put it, she's a reptile.

Have you tried one of those electric blankets? I get really cold like that too (even had an ultrasound on my feet and all was normal) and heated blankets are nice!

Are you going to mist her aswell ;)
Ever heard of a onesie? It's an adult version of a baby grow. All in one pjs. Some come with a hood. I wear mine over my pjs and sleep in it too.
Kath.

Have you tried one of those electric blankets? I get really cold like that too (even had an ultrasound on my feet and all was normal) and heated blankets are nice!

She has one. Not enough. :(

Are you going to mist her aswell ;)
Ever heard of a onesie? It's an adult version of a baby grow. All in one pjs. Some come with a hood. I wear mine over my pjs and sleep in it too.
Kath.

I've heard of onesie's and other products like them. (She doesn't like them/ won't wear it.) Believe me, I've tried. I get cold , I just throw on a sweat shirt or sweatpants. I don't mind layers. She does. Thats Ok though, if this is all I have to fuss with, I'm ok with that.

Not going to touch the misting comment....:p

Back
Top Bottom