Heat lamp for a Chameleon

Classy

Hello! I'm setting up my Veiled chameleon tank, and I was wondering can I just use a normal light bulb for heat? It produces enough heat where it is about 85-86 at the basking and in the mid to high 70's else where. Just making sure it is okay before I purchase my chameleon :D.

You can use any light bulb, the cheapest for electricity is the halogen flood. A normal house bulb will also work. 85 is a bit cool for a peak basking temp. You kinda need to get the cham to the lower 90's.

You can use any light bulb, the cheapest for electricity is the halogen flood. A normal house bulb will also work. 85 is a bit cool for a peak basking temp. You kinda need to get the cham to the lower 90's.
I'm getting a baby veiled though.

I'm getting a baby veiled though.

Which will be doubling in weight every 30 days. If its a female, 85 might be perfect and help with eggs, if its a male, then lower 90's is better. We are arguing over 5 degree. 85 in full sun is a bit cool for my tastes for proper digestion. Then again im a 55-60f at night kinda guy.

Lets check in on good ole Yemen:
https://weather.com/weather/today/l/YMXX0005:1:YM

Well all those poor chams are enjoying about 85f in the shade all week and lower 60's at night.

Lets check in on good ole Yemen:
I love that you have a link to the weather in Yemen.(y)

You should be good to go for starting a youngster as long as you remember to increase the temp as he/she ages. As above.

"Temperature:
Baby/juvenile (<9 months): ambient 72-80F (22-26C), basking 85F (29C)
Adult males: ambient 75-80F (23-26C), basking 90-95F (32-35C)
Adult females: ambient 75-80F (23-26C), basking 85F (29C)"

Back
Top Bottom