heat and vitamins

QuinnieLeeBlu

Avid Member
how high should i have my chams heat for the lights he’s around 5 months old and the breeder that i’m getting my cham from only uses one type of vitamin this is the vitamin that he uses should i stay with that vitamin i already bought it so i don’t know what to do.

Attachments

• B7A4827B-A494-4726-A39A-B8C1F176F559.jpeg
    B7A4827B-A494-4726-A39A-B8C1F176F559.jpeg
    316.3 KB · Views: 52
how high should i have my chams heat for the lights he’s around 5 months old and the breeder that i’m getting my cham from only uses one type of vitamin this is the vitamin that he uses should i stay with that vitamin i already bought it so i don’t know what to do.
What type of Cham do you have?

You should have a calcium supplement that doesn’t have d3 and then a multivitamin with d3. You should dust your insects with calcium that doesn’t have d3 every day. You should dust your insects with the multivitamin that has d3 once every two weeks.
Here are some good supplement options

Attachments

• C8F922FF-1781-4E54-BACC-62F23C3B9F17.png
    C8F922FF-1781-4E54-BACC-62F23C3B9F17.png
    366.4 KB · Views: 52
  • 284F64A4-0D10-4034-82DD-B02BF9F77709.png
    284F64A4-0D10-4034-82DD-B02BF9F77709.png
    322.9 KB · Views: 48
If that is what your breeder has been using, it’s fine. When I first joined the forum last year that was what everyone seemed to be recommending. However, some of us, especially with veileds, noticed some edema issues that stopped when we stopped using it. It is a good all in one as far as I know. Just be alert for the possibility of edema around the eyes and gular area.

What type of lights are you using?

Do you mind filling this out just to double check that everything is good to go?
Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. How long has it been in your care?
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon?
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule?
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking?
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you.
Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions?
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? What is your daily lighting schedule?
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps?
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity?
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind?
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor?

Do you mind filling this out just to double check that everything is good to go?
Chameleon Info:
  • Your Chameleon - The species, sex, and age of your chameleon. Male panther chameleon 5ish months old. How long has it been in your care? Haven’t gotten him yet he will be in my care on the 3rd
  • Handling - How often do you handle your chameleon? I will put him on his tree for 5 to 10 minutes a day and give him an option to get back in his cage
  • Feeding - What are you feeding your cham? What amount? What is the schedule? How are you gut-loading your feeders?Crickets and super worms still find what to feed. 12 to 15 a day. i feed an hour after i turned off the lights. I’m gut loading with kale and some more stuff and i gut load a day before i feed
  • Supplements - What brand and type of calcium and vitamin products are you dusting your feeders with and what is the schedule? I add a picture of the vitamin i dust right before i put them in a feeder cup.
  • Watering - What kind of watering technique do you use? How often and how long to you mist? Do you see your chameleon drinking? I’m going to use a spray bottle that has some repisafe in it and i have a dropper i have not seen my chameleon drink because i don’t have him
  • Fecal Description - Briefly note colors and consistency from recent droppings. Has this chameleon ever been tested for parasites?he was been tested a couple of weeks ago with his breeder that he’s with now. have not seen droppings yet because do not have him yet
  • History - Any previous information about your cham that might be useful to others when trying to help you. no
Cage Info:
  • Cage Type - Describe your cage (Glass, Screen, Combo?) What are the dimensions? it’s a screen 4ft,2ft,2ft
  • Lighting - What brand, model, and types of lighting are you using? i add a picture of them. What is your daily lighting schedule? I turn them on at 8:00 am and turn them off at 8:00 pm
  • Temperature - What temp range have you created (cage floor to basking spot)? Lowest overnight temp? How do you measure these temps? Don’t know yet haven’t done that stuff yep and haven’t had to turn the lights on yet
  • Humidity - What are your humidity levels? How are you creating and maintaining these levels? What do you use to measure humidity? Haven’t misted the cage yet i’m using a hydro meter
  • Plants - Are you using live plants? If so, what kind? yes i am and add a picture
  • Placement - Where is your cage located? Is it near any fans, air vents, or high traffic areas? At what height is the top of the cage relative to your room floor? the cage is 2ft above the ground no to all of those things it’s in my room.

You might want to wait a week or two to let him settle in before handling him.
Your gut loading plan looks great. Super worms are better as treats. I will attach some photos with some more info.
Very important- Make sure you feed in the morning. He needs the lights to help him digest his food.
Drippers and a spray bottle are great for watering and humidity.
Awesome cage choice.
Your lighting schedule looks good. You can also use a regular house light bulb for your heat lamp. Just make sure it an incandescent one. The Led ones tend to be too cold. Your Uvb light is awesome. The reptisun ones usually last about 6 months. After that, they don’t really produce enough uvb for your cham.
I would highly highly recommend testing your heat lamp and making sure it is the right temp before your little guy comes home.
That’s awesome you have live plants. I would be very careful about fertilizing them because some chams will eat the dirt.
That’s great that it is off the ground.

Do you have a picture of your cage?
It is also important to have horizontal and vertical branches in your cage.

You might want to wait a week or two to let him settle in before handling him.
Your gut loading plan looks great. Super worms are better as treats. I will attach some photos with some more info.
Very important- Make sure you feed in the morning. He needs the lights to help him digest his food.
Drippers and a spray bottle are great for watering and humidity.
Awesome cage choice.
Your lighting schedule looks good. You can also use a regular house light bulb for your heat lamp. Just make sure it an incandescent one. The Led ones tend to be too cold. Your Uvb light is awesome. The reptisun ones usually last about 6 months. After that, they don’t really produce enough uvb for your cham.
I would highly highly recommend testing your heat lamp and making sure it is the right temp before your little guy comes home.
That’s awesome you have live plants. I would be very careful about fertilizing them because some chams will eat the dirt.
That’s great that it is off the ground.

Do you have a picture of your cage?
It is also important to have horizontal and vertical branches in your cage.
i have a picture but there’s a blanket on the cage so you can’t see the decor

Attachments

• EBC001E8-FF21-4924-9AAA-95F236E909BB.jpeg
    EBC001E8-FF21-4924-9AAA-95F236E909BB.jpeg
    127.7 KB · Views: 39
I would also highly recommend an outlet timer. I got mine for like 3 or 4 dollars at Walmart and I love it

Back
Top Bottom