Heart Award - Bill Strand

Brad

Administrator
Staff member
Chameleon Heart Award
Heart Award
Chameleon Heart Award

@DeremensisBlue
I am honored to announce that Bill Strand is the latest recipient of the Heart Award at Chameleon Forums. Bill's contributions to our hobby over the years have been exceptional and his influence far-reaching. His involvement online began many years ago when he co-founded Chameleon News in 2002 and worked on the development team at AdCham. Some will recognize Bill by his forum username, DeremensisBlue. Many will recognize him as the owner of Dragon Strand, an innovative caging company with a focus on chameleons. Bill is also very well known for his Chameleon Podcast which has become an amazing resource for chameleon owners. We definitely recommend it. More recently, Bill published a new information website, Chameleon Academy, and we expect many great things from it.

The Chameleon Heart Award is an acknowledgment of those individuals that have greatly contributed to the community. Some recipients have developed resources that over time will reach thousands of people and their chameleons. Some have worked very hard to maintain the forums and keep a friendly environment for both new and long term members. Others have for years improved discussions with their experience and knowledge, sacrificing their time to help chameleons and their owners. Some have done all of the above. All recipients of the Heart Award have made a significant and positive influence at Chameleon Forums. The award has evolved somewhat to include influence and contributions from the overall chameleon community. However, the focus when determining award recipients will remain heavily weighted with what happens at Chameleon Forums.

There are many people who sacrifice their time to help other members and the community is a much better place because of it. There are also members that add a great deal of knowledge and experience to the table, and they make Chameleon Forums a better resource for everyone. All of these people truly deserve recognition and we are going to try harder in the future to recognize more of them. However, in order to maintain the significance of this specific award it will continue to be given sparingly.

Chameleon Heart Award
Chameleon Heart Award
Chameleon Heart Award

Previous recipients:
Carlton, Carol5208, Chris Anderson, Decadancin, ferretinmyshoes, Jannb, Kinyonga, Laurie, Olimpia, Sandrachameleon and Trace

heart award

Couldn’t ask for a better person to receive it than him. I’ve learned so much from his posts and podcasts. Any keeper from the beginner level all the way to an experienced one can benefit from his knowledge. Very much deserved! Congrats Bill

Brad, Chameleon Forum staff, and members,

Thank you so much for this honor! This is a recognition that cuts to the core of what I am trying to do within the chameleon community. The Chameleon Forums is the longest running chameleon community which is still active and alive. These hallowed digital halls have been bustling before any substantial social media arose from the primordial soup. The long term experience contained within this group is exceptional and a cornerstone of our community. So to be recognized in this way, from this group, is deeply meaningful.

I appreciate the support and encouragement you have provided me and commit to continue to work toward community education that pushes the boundaries of what we know. What drives me is more a personal mandate to figure out these mysteries so please continue to challenge each step of the way and join in to help move us forward! The podcast and Chameleon Academy are documenting a journey of discovery and you are all part of that. And it is here on the Chameleon Forums that these ideas can be discussed in real time, honed, and continue to be tested. I am proud to be part of this community and I am deeply honored to receive the Heart Award!

Thank you!

Bill Strand

You sure this isn't from putting up with Cyber the other day? Pretty sure he earned it there too cause that drug on forever!

Har har har.

However in all seriousness, that was a very good discussion with Bill. I appreciated very much him taking his time out to present his reasoning and position.

I know have critiqued some of his enclosure aspects in the past, and was maybe a little harsh about it, and seemed to upset him (for good reason, I need to work on tact I have little).

Despite that, he was able to put that aside, and have a very productive civil conversation, something I myself likely would have struggled with. So I commend that greatly.

To be clear, I was not trying to question Bill the other day, nor slander his cages way back, my brain just needs to understand things, and I am a stickler for not having Blind Faith in pretty anyone or anything, it's just not in my nature. I care greatly about this hobby and it's community, and want what's best for it, and everyone in it.

He fully deserves this award, he has done alot for this community and does more everyday, I am surprised it took this long! Plus he puts up with me, and even responds, that should be its own CF award!

Har har har.

However in all seriousness, that was a very good discussion with Bill. I appreciated very much him taking his time out to present his reasoning and position.

I know have critiqued some of his enclosure aspects in the past, and was maybe a little harsh about it, and seemed to upset him (for good reason, I need to work on tact I have little).

Despite that, he was able to put that aside, and have a very productive civil conversation, something I myself likely would have struggled with. So I commend that greatly.

To be clear, I was not trying to question Bill the other day, nor slander his cages way back, my brain just needs to understand things, and I am a stickler for not having Blind Faith in pretty anyone or anything, it's just not in my nature. I care greatly about this hobby and it's community, and want what's best for it, and everyone in it.

He fully deserves this award, he has done alot for this community and does more everyday, I am surprised it took this long! Plus he puts up with me, and even responds, that should be its own CF award!
all is well :)

I am so thrilled to hear that Bill was honored for all of his contributions to our community. Not only is he a positively endless source of information but he's just a really nice guy as well. Kudos Bill, and thank you for all that you do.

Back
Top Bottom