Heart Attacks

Phoenixguy77

So My cham just fell like 3 feet and almost gave me a heart attack he seems to be OK I gave him a pretty good once over, and he seems to be ok. Does anyone else have experiences like this?

I have alot more gray hairs since owning a chameleon! Does that answer your question???????????? lol!

3 feet should be OK but look at his joints casque and make sure he can keep himself up, perch and eat if you go down the checklist everything should be just fine

~Jr

his Joints look ok hes climing in the cage hes missing a few of his claws. does any one know if they grow back like human nails?

Just keep an eye on him for any unusual behavior the next few days. 3 feet should not be to much of a problem depending on the surface he fell on.
I know this video has been posted on here before and I wouldn't turn my chameleon into an action hero, but I just wanted to show you that they do fall/jump.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eChlwHqJUA

Just keep an eye on him for any unusual behavior the next few days. 3 feet should not be to much of a problem depending on the surface he fell on.
I know this video has been posted on here before and I wouldn't turn my chameleon into an action hero, but I just wanted to show you that they do fall/jump.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eChlwHqJUA

Thanks for that its insane to see what these lil critters will do.

and im not sure if they are filled down or missing so I guess only time will tell.

Mine has fallen alot farther than 3 feet I hate to say. But that was months ago and he is still alive!!!!

I am sure alot of people has had their Chameleons take a drop. Its funny how those little buggers will take a leap or just walk of the end of you hand with nothing there to grab.:)

Missing nail is exactly what it means. No nail at all. Filled down is a partial nail. If the nail is filled down from the screen or some other surface to much (Past a certain point), it will not regrow. Note, please don't ask me to post a link to the partial nail info. I don't remember where I read that information since it was a long time ago. My male Sambava has very tiny nails that seem to never grow any bigger or get any smaller. My female Sambava has nails that are really really long.

Missing nail is exactly what it means. No nail at all. Filled down is a partial nail. If the nail is filled down from the screen or some other surface to much (Past a certain point), it will not regrow. Note, please don't ask me to post a link to the partial nail info. I don't remember where I read that information since it was a long time ago. My male Sambava has very tiny nails that seem to never grow any bigger or get any smaller. My female Sambava has nails that are really really long.

LOL thank you, and Im not gonna be one of those people, well at least I try not too be.

Me too...

Eye-Gor did the same thing a few weeks ago. Went to sleep and fell! I put a vine on a door and let him bask...BUT...I always put a pillow under him. This will help with your Heart attack issues:D:cool::eek::p:rolleyes:;):eek::(:). Trust me....

Back
Top Bottom