Healthy eggs?

Edamame

Not sure how old my veiled Cham is, she’s a rescue. She started giving off signs of being ready to lay, so I put the lay bin in there. She slept in the hole she was digging and the next morning the hole was completely covered. So I went and grabbed the eggs to count and make sure everything’s looking great. Laid about 52 eggs, which I know is a pretty large amount. Any advice?
9915DA20-E258-4120-B1A5-5E7A30571BBF.jpeg

Congrats on an uneventful egg laying! That is a lot of eggs. I’m assuming they’re infertile. You’ll want to feed and hydrate momma very well for the next couple of days. Hornworms are great for this. Then start her on a reduced diet of 3-4, three days a week. Keep basking temp no higher than 80F. It may take a couple of cycles, but this should help reduce her egg production.

Congrats on an uneventful egg laying! That is a lot of eggs. I’m assuming they’re infertile. You’ll want to feed and hydrate momma very well for the next couple of days. Hornworms are great for this. Then start her on a reduced diet of 3-4, three days a week. Keep basking temp no higher than 80F. It may take a couple of cycles, but this should help reduce her egg production.
Yes they’re infertile! I heard about the hornworms, I’m going to pick some up today. Thank you!! Anything else I should look out for?

Wow! Big difference. She was huge! Just keep an eye on her for any abnormal behaviors. She should return to her usual, as though nothing happened. Not eating, staying low/not basking, eyes closed, lethargy, etc are signs that you’ll need to get her to a vet asap.

Wow! Big difference. She was huge! Just keep an eye on her for any abnormal behaviors. She should return to her usual, as though nothing happened. Not eating, staying low/not basking, eyes closed, lethargy, etc are signs that you’ll need to get her to a vet asap.
She double checked my work and patted the sand down after I took the eggs. She has visited the bottom a couple of times after I took the eggs

Also if where you buy feeders dont have hornworms, I have had consistent healthy purchases from rainbowmealworms.com they ship quickly too. You might be abke to get in on the monday shipping if you order niw

She double checked my work and patted the sand down after I took the eggs. She has visited the bottom a couple of times after I took the eggs
I would put the bin back in just in case she still has more. With so many eggs, there’s always fear of some being retained.
okay will do, I think I’m just going to leave it in for a while.

Back
Top Bottom