Head wound

Ren

Phil my veiled male has been rubbing his head on the roof of his cage now and has rubbed it completely raw on top of his casque, is there something like neosporin I can put on it to help him out? im changing a few thing around in his cage so he wont be able to do so any longer, don't know why he started in the first place.. Ill post a pic if need be when i can... thanks all...

I would suggest using polysporin. Ive used it on occasion on my chams. I would assume any topical , over the counter , general antibiotic salve should be fine.

When I got my first male cham he had done the same thing to his chin as the previous owner had him in an enclosure that was way too small for him. He's the guy in my avatar pic and he's in my gallery. I was told to use polysporin and it worked well. I had the stuff for children so I used that as I don't think it's quite as potent as the regular stuff.

If you look at the pic of him you can still see the spot on his chin. Oddly enough when I was applying it he was very calm. It was almost like he knew I was trying to help him. He rarely moved and never tried to bite me. To this day he seems to like it when I stroke the little spikes under his chin! :)

Dyesub Dave. :D

Howdy Ren,

The next time that you're at the vet's office, either have him sell you silvadene or give you a prescription for it or its generic equivalent. It seems to be one of the commonly recommended topical antibiotics for cuts and burns on reptiles. Places like Walgreens can fill that prescription cheaply.

Back
Top Bottom