Head Twitching

Hi all!
Mowgli has been pretty healthy lately. Eating about 5 or so crickets/superworms a day. He drinks a ton from our spray bottle every day and poops regularly. He looks plenty healthy and recently went through a shed just fine. The only thing is he's been doing this head twitch thing. I tried looking around the forum and it seems like some people may have seen the same thing, but I just wanted to be sure. Here's a video of him doing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6wH0_a4G3c&feature=youtu.be

He only does it when we go near him, so it seems like it could just be some kind of territorial behavior. Is it normal? Thanks!

My Jackson's does this when i introduce a feeder he does not like, into his enclosure, i.e Dubias or hornworms. I think it's just their way of showing either negative or positive excitement.

Agreed, they do that when excited, so he must really like you. Or maybe he's dancing since he seems to be in sync with the music :)

lizards bob for more than breeding. He's just communicating that he's the king of his domain and feeling healthy and happy.

Back
Top Bottom