He wont stay off the cage and it breaking his nails plz help!!!!

pantercham

hello I have almost a 1 yr old panther cham and he wont stay off the screen cage that I have. While doing that he is breaking all of his nails. I need a way to keep him off or something. If anyone has had this problem or anyone who knows of an idea to help please do so. I'm freash out of ideas and hes starting not to be able to climd as well. THANKS

I, my Boyfriend uses larger mesh fiber mesh, where their nails cannot catch in screen and allows muck better gripping for them. I'll find a pic of mesh I hope to add here. Cage is custom built, screen showes behind the Jacksons

Attachments

• Jacksons 058.jpg
    Jacksons 058.jpg
    256.2 KB · Views: 197
Buy some large 1" sized plastic fencing. It comes in rolls and attach it too the sides of the inside of the cage using fishing line. Usually you dont have to apply it to the front or the back of the cage. It should stop him from braking or pulling out his nails.

The plastic fencing would give him something to grab onto besides the screen.

Have you though about free ranging? He probably just wants out of the cage.

hello I have almost a 1 yr old panther cham and he wont stay off the screen cage that I have. While doing that he is breaking all of his nails. I need a way to keep him off or something. If anyone has had this problem or anyone who knows of an idea to help please do so. I'm freash out of ideas and hes starting not to be able to climd as well. THANKS

It is thought that a cham trying to escape it's enclosure is lacking something. Take another look at your husbandry starting at the basics. Think if anything has changed on the inside and or outside of his enclosure. Maybe fill out the "how to ask for help" form and post pics.

Back
Top Bottom