He Hates me He hates me not???

jonr

Man he hates me soooooooo much lol..... he isnt drinking as much as he should so i make sure to do a lil extra misting when i have the chance and he really doesnt like that so much but i see him drinking so i know he is thirsty. Today i misted and he ran right to the bottom of the cage and walked around down there for a min and i picked him up and put him back to the top and left him alone for a bit... going to mist again in maybe 3 hrs or so.... still going to hate and im going to get the "dark brown shoulder" lol:eek:

Angry Chameleon

Man he hates me soooooooo much lol..... he isnt drinking as much as he should so i make sure to do a lil extra misting when i have the chance and he really doesnt like that so much but i see him drinking so i know he is thirsty. Today i misted and he ran right to the bottom of the cage and walked around down there for a min and i picked him up and put him back to the top and left him alone for a bit... going to mist again in maybe 3 hrs or so.... still going to hate and im going to get the "dark brown shoulder" lol:eek:

Excuse me, I am about to answer a question with a question and I'm not even a polititian!

Does a Chameleon have to be misted? Can their environment be misted without misting the Chameleon too?

My Chameleon (Keith) doesn't mind being misted he stands and allows the water to mist him but I focus mainly on his environment, the plants and walls that he then drinks from. I also avoid misting Keiths eyes becuase I worry about possible eye infections from bacteria in the water. I boil the water the night before and then leave the water sitting in an open container all day then poor into the misting bottle and use this water for a days misting. I still worry about giving Keith an eye infection by spraying something into his eyes.

My little chap hates being misted too!! I've persevered and kept spraying in the hope he'll start to like it...he'll sit there for a few seconds and then decide..."i hate this" and legs it to the back of his tank....then sits there looking very annoyed!! haha!!

I know he is a lil thirsty so i see him in a corner ill spray around him and let it rain down on to him and i see him drinking it when it runs down his face, but i also spray the environment to so i just hope he can forgive me but its not his choice he gotta drink so tuff love i guess lol.... Right now he is enjoying a bit of sun light at the top of the cage so im sure he is happy

With hand misting, it's a good idea to use hot water in the bottle so when it comes out as spray, it is 'warm'.

How do you know he isn't getting enough water? Most chameleons are closet drinkers... if his urates are white, he's getting enough water.

With hand misting, it's a good idea to use hot water in the bottle so when it comes out as spray, it is 'warm'.

How do you know he isn't getting enough water? Most chameleons are closet drinkers... if his urates are white, he's getting enough water.

I use hot h2o and his urine was all white till a couple days ago i noticed a lil yellow in there so im spraying a bit more i really need to get a auto mister

Back
Top Bottom