He has been dark ever since shedding

Rose:)

Hi, I was wondering if there is anything wrong with my chameleons colors. Before he shed he was bright but now he has been dark. It has been almost a week since he shed. I mist him a few times a day. The thermometer and hygrometer are reading differently because I just sprayed the cage.

I have a male veiled chameleon named Pascal. I am unsure of how old he is but he seems to be a baby. I got the chameleon on November 7. I held him once because we needed to move his cage onto a more stable stand.

He has been eating a lot of Dubia roaches and the occasional meal worm. He eats about 10 dubia roaches each day. He sometimes snacks on the Hibiscus plant. I’m using collard greens, watercress, mango and carrots to gut load them.

I am using rept-cal multivitamins and calcium without d3 and then zoo med calcium with d3
The schedule is the one you where you alternate between weeks. Without for sunday-friday and with on saturday or multivitamin on saturday.

I am misting him and using a water dripper. I mist him about 3 times a day. I mist for about a minute.

He has pooped and it was dark brown with some white.

I do not know any of the history. I just know he was surrendered and she took care of him until he was healthy.

I have the x-large reptibreeze terrarium. 2’x2’x4’.

I have it around 80 for the basking the night temperature gets around 70. I use a reptizoo digital thermo-hygrometer.
The humidity levels are around 52. Im creating and maintaining these levels by misting and I also have live plants.
I am using live plants. 2 Pothos, Hibiscus, Croton, Umbrella plant and Bromeliad
The cage is on a stand and its the highest thing in the room besides my fan. The cage is located in my bedroom. I keep the fan off so that the chameleon doesn’t get too cold.
I’m located in the Southeast of the US.

He seems to be darker than normal after shedding.

Attachments

• 4E16B1EF-BA6E-4618-88EF-7514153D2010.jpeg
    4E16B1EF-BA6E-4618-88EF-7514153D2010.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 106
Hi, I was wondering if there is anything wrong with my chameleons colors. Before he shed he was bright but now he has been dark. It has been almost a week since he shed. I mist him a few times a day. The thermometer and hygrometer are reading differently because I just sprayed the cage.

I have a male veiled chameleon named Pascal. I am unsure of how old he is but he seems to be a baby. I got the chameleon on November 7. I held him once because we needed to move his cage onto a more stable stand.

He has been eating a lot of Dubia roaches and the occasional meal worm. He eats about 10 dubia roaches each day. He sometimes snacks on the Hibiscus plant. I’m using collard greens, watercress, mango and carrots to gut load them.

I am using rept-cal multivitamins and calcium without d3 and then zoo med calcium with d3
The schedule is the one you where you alternate between weeks. Without for sunday-friday and with on saturday or multivitamin on saturday.

I am misting him and using a water dripper. I mist him about 3 times a day. I mist for about a minute.

He has pooped and it was dark brown with some white.

I do not know any of the history. I just know he was surrendered and she took care of him until he was healthy.

I have the x-large reptibreeze terrarium. 2’x2’x4’.

I have it around 80 for the basking the night temperature gets around 70. I use a reptizoo digital thermo-hygrometer.
The humidity levels are around 52. Im creating and maintaining these levels by misting and I also have live plants.
I am using live plants. 2 Pothos, Hibiscus, Croton, Umbrella plant and Bromeliad
The cage is on a stand and its the highest thing in the room besides my fan. The cage is located in my bedroom. I keep the fan off so that the chameleon doesn’t get too cold.
I’m located in the Southeast of the US.

He seems to be darker than normal after shedding.
Colors look totally normal.

I would remove the sticker temp thing from the inside. the sticky will fail and start peeling up. Sticky stuff and chameleon skin are not a good combo. Get a temp gauge with a wired probe to put at basking to read a real temperature at the branch below the basking fixture.

Colors look totally normal.

I would remove the sticker temp thing from the inside. the sticky will fail and start peeling up. Sticky stuff and chameleon skin are not a good combo. Get a temp gauge with a wired probe to put at basking to read a real temperature at the branch below the basking fixture.
I have the temperature gauge that is behind him will that work? I can move it if i need to.

I have the temperature gauge that is behind him will that work? I can move it if i need to.
That would be pulling more of an ambient temp at the top of the enclosure not the actual temp right below the basking fixture at the branch.

This is identical to my chameleon including name, time I got him, where I live, cage set up, everything omg. That's wild.

Back
Top Bottom