Having the Best Day

CaptainMorgantown

Hello,

I just wanted to update you all on my MBD Chameleon, who I have decided to call Jo-Jo.

She is have the best day since I've had her. Her butterworms came in today, and all she has been eating the past two days is the Carnivore Care the vet gave me. But when I offered her a butter, she actually took it from my hand! I didn't have to put it in her mouth or anything. After she ate about five of them, she started shaking her head back and forth (slowly of course) so I have her some water, and she drank so much water. It was more than I have ever given her in one sitting. I put her back in her tank for about an hour, and when I came back in to check on her, as soon as she looked up at me she started moving around. I noticed there was a lot of sunlight on my bed and that it was really warm there, so I got her out and she is currently sitting on my bed with me. She is looking so great right now, I'm very excited. I hope this keeps up.

Also, I do know that I shouldn't get her out too much, but this is the first time the sun has been out in a few days, and I have been curious about putting her in the sun. I just felt like she should get a reward for eating so much today.

It's wonderful to hear good news... I hope she keeps getting better and stays with you for a long long time, she sounds like a sweetheart

She really is the sweetest chameleon I've even been around. We have about ten others at the pet store I work at, and they are all very... rude. I took a video of her eating one of the worms that I will post on here shortly.

This is great news! Congrats on all of your hard work and persistence paying off!

That sounds very promising, good work :). Hopefully she knows you are there to give her food and water now, so she won't be as rude to you as Veileds sometimes are :D

That is wonderful news about jo jo. i even think taking her to your bed for some sun was a good thing to do. Right now you want her to associate you with "good". Give her food, water, and sun all will help her and make her happy. Over all an excellent rehab you are doing.

Great news!! It is so rewarding to see them making such huge strides. Keep up the good work and give yourself a pat on the back.

Back
Top Bottom