Having some height issues with my new ebclosure setup

Jungle Jake

So I just purchased a nice new setup from someone as an upgrade for my growing veiled(24x24x48 reptibreeze with custom additions and stand). I set it up and soon realized that my ceiling is not high enough to fit the basking light for above the cage.
I am just wondering if there are shorter basking heat alternatives that would work.( I have about 5 inches of space to work with between the cage and ceiling).
I would much rather keep her downstairs but if I can't figure it out, I may just move her upstairs for now. I just like her downstairs where it is quieter for her.( I have a 7 year old)

Any help is appreciated!

Yikes i'd move her considering it would still be very close to the ceiling and that might be a fire hazard with hot lamps on top.

The noise won't bother her as long as it is not constant and directly in the room / super chaotic. They are wild animals after all :)

Thanks for the input. Makes me feel a bit better about doing it. I also worry though about the night time humidity. I use a regular room humidifier in my bedroom and it works well keeping around 70-80% but I would be putting him upstairs in a pretty open room. Would a fogger solve that issue? are foggers meant to be kept on for a few hours at a time(aka all night). I just worry about respiratory issues.

Thanks in advanced lol, just a new hobby for me but I want to know everything I can. Have done alot of research the last couple months but I feel like I doesnt end ;p.

Back
Top Bottom