Having Problems... Getting Very Upset!

He ate well yesterday afternoon, I think 1 small cricket and 2 medium crickets. I want him to get out the routine of eating so late in the day so starting the free range feeding today will work out well.

I just put 4 medium sized crickets in the cage before I left, and I'm feeling more comfortable with him. I did a lot of reading on the site yesterday. I'm sure I was over reacting at first; I just want to give him a good home. Shoot, some people leave theirs outside! I would freak out if I did that. Hopefully when he is settled in we'll bring him out when we are grilling and stuff like that.

So is he maybe 4-5 month old juvie?

If he is in a game room, should I move him? What happens if we have people over and someone starts up the air hockey table after him bedtime? Will it keep him awake? Or is this the overreacting coming out again? Ha!

Thanks guys for everything!

As long as you cover his cage with a towel or something, a night of people playing air hockey is not a big deal.

I am glad you are doing as I said a free ranging a few crickets. Him eating in the morning is a lot better than you feeding him when you get home. Next thing, don't tell you son all the worries you have had over un-named. You are getting on track pretty well, so don't worry him.:)

I know the late feeding is bad. I know it won't hurt him long term, but I just have to get him in a routine. I left his lights on an extra hour last night and he sat up by the light for most of those (2) hours. When I went to turn the light off he was down in "his spot" He sleeps pretty low in the cage.

If he eats what I have for him today, I will start the daily morning feeding. When should I start every-other day? I'm sure I have time.

I'm not. He actually just texted my wife asking if "we can get a chameleon..." Ha! If he only knew. He will back next Wednesday for a few days, than off to lacrosse camp for another week! He is a busy boy.

Thanks! Hopefully I'm not a bother.

I know the late feeding is bad. I know it won't hurt him long term, but I just have to get him in a routine. I left his lights on an extra hour last night and he sat up by the light for most of those (2) hours. When I went to turn the light off he was down in "his spot" He sleeps pretty low in the cage.

If he eats what I have for him today, I will start the daily morning feeding. When should I start every-other day? I'm sure I have time.

I'm not. He actually just texted my wife asking if "we can get a chameleon..." Ha! If he only knew. He will back next Wednesday for a few days, than off to lacrosse camp for another week! He is a busy boy.

Thanks! Hopefully I'm not a bother.

Pm's or on here, you know I am happy to talk and to help.:)

Pm's or on here, you know I am happy to talk and to help.:)

Ok. Thanks! I appreciate it.

I think Dad is on the road to a full recovery and the cham....well landed with it's bum in butter :)

Thanks! I'll be fine. Ha! He will be taken very good care of, especially, with the help from you guys

You should probably be feeding everyday.

Ok. How old do you think he is? When should I wean him down to everyother day?

I think you'll know, when he doesn't eat as much every day, then you can try to feed him every other day. But I don't think it will happen before he is 6 months old. My cham ate 15-18 S-M size crix every day until she turned to be 6 months old. It is an average age, every cham is individuell so as I said, you'll see!
As long as he is that young I would give him as many feeders as many he can eat!
I think he is about 4 months old.

I think you'll know, when he doesn't eat as much every day, then you can try to feed him every other day. But I don't think it will happen before he is 6 months old. My cham ate 15-18 S-M size crix every day until she turned to be 6 months old. It is an average age, every cham is individuell so as I said, you'll see!
As long as he is that young I would give him as many feeders as many he can eat!
I think he is about 4 months old.

All sounds good. Thanks!

Just A Little Update...

We went to the vet Saturday he said that "insert name here" does/did have MBD, but he is stable and all his bones are hardened and his joints look good. As for his hind left leg it was broken when he was little, but it is fused and fine. The vet said he is in good shape and if we are "willing" to have a chameleon with a few deformities, minor as they are, we can give him a good home. He gave him a good check-up and fecal and he is all good. So I guess he is ours, we will give our son final decision if we should keep him, but a little persuasion won't hurt.

He is still eating well and using the bathroom fine. I introduced superworms to him and he really seems to like those; I know he can't have may though because of the fat content.

Thanks guys for all your help. I really appreciate it. You guys are good in my book!

I will do a "formal" introduction when my son names this little guy. He looks at home to me!

Jason

Attachments

• 20140616_193130.jpg
    20140616_193130.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 113
I looked through your photos but didn't really have the time to read all the posts. I see Laurie is helping you so you'll be fine.

from the pictures you have I'd say he used to have MBD and even a broken rear leg at one point. I can say used to since if he still had it that leg would not be used at all. So it healed. If it healed he doesn't have MBD currently. Most likely the litter was not being cared for properly. It is not a fast moving health issue, it develops over time.

For the record, Petco employees are required to go off the care sheets made by their company since they paid some idiot to make them.

Petco is not where the pets go, they run from it.

Petsmart is not where the smart pets shop, a smart pet raids your refrigerator.

Humor aside, neither place has a solid rep for healthy animals. It is hit and miss depending on the employee currently working with them and if that person can get a manager to sign off on things.

If you can find a pure reptile store anywhere in your area, that would be the best thing you can do if it is a trustworthy place. For the record, 85-90 for a simple basking area is fine. The rest of the cage should be around 78 during the day. Night temps can go pretty low. There are plenty of Veiled keepers here who can help.

Sounds like he's doing good now! Just keep up the good work! I'm sure your son will love him, leg deformity or not!

Back
Top Bottom