Hates water

lizzietheveiled

My little guy hates it when we mist him :( I dont know how to help him. Everytime we mist he will get franticly and jump off his plant to get away. He always closes his eyes when we spray him too. I get so afraid hes gonna really it himself one of these day. We dont spray him directly and usually use warm water but t doesnt change anything. He turns these dark colors and puffs up so I know he gets dtressed out about it

Anyone know of a way to help me help him?

My little guy hates it when we mist him :( I dont know how to help him. Everytime we mist he will get franticly and jump off his plant to get away. He always closes his eyes when we spray him too. I get so afraid hes gonna really it himself one of these day. We dont spray him directly and usually use warm water but t doesnt change anything. He turns these dark colors and puffs up so I know he gets dtressed out about it

Anyone know of a way to help me help him?

aw haha it's ok some chams don't like direct mist.
i'm sorry to hear that you tried warm water but nothing changed.
my cham hated being misted until i bought a water heater for my mistkings reservoir. don't worry too much about him. he closes his eyes because lets face it, noone likes getting water splashed in their eyes :p
as long as he's drinking he will be ok. which you might never see.
just pay close attention to his urates.

I need to get a heater for the mister but, I just used warmer water to mist him and he didn't flip his wig. LOL

This is the exact reason we created the AquaZamp RainDome! I can't tell you how many times I've put dehydrated chams under a RainDome and watched them drink for hours

my cham hated being misted until i bought a water heater for my mistkings reservoir. don't worry too much about him. he closes his eyes because lets face it, noone likes getting water splashed in their eyes :p
as long as he's drinking he will be ok. which you might never see.
just pay close attention to his urates.

Gotcha :) I always look and they seem good but ya know.. I'm a paranoid mommy

I need to get a heater for the mister but, I just used warmer water to mist him and he didn't flip his wig. LOL

Yeeeaaaaahhh My boy wigs out LOL scares me but I still have to laugh cuz he looks so funny freaking out

This is the exact reason we created the AquaZamp RainDome! I can't tell you how many times I've put dehydrated chams under a RainDome and watched them drink for hours

I'll have to look into that. Maybe it'll work. He's so funny about water. He did his little baby hiss/squeak at me today. It's so funny now, I make fun of him with my boyfriend. I just know in the future it wont be cute and it'll probably scare me

Its common for babies and juveniles to get scared or the spray sessions. Don't fret, most chams get used to it and stop running away after a few months. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Back
Top Bottom