Hatchrite question

bullgod

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone had any experience with the MR Pro-148 Incubator from LLLReptiles.com

I'm using it with a fresh batch of 33 panther chameleon eggs. So far it's amazing I just had a quick question I need answered.

It came with hatchrite, and it says unlike vermiculite, u don't need to add any water to the hatchrite for your eggs humidity. I wanted peoples opinions, on if I should add water to the hatchrite or the humidifier's drip tray. Please let me know, I would love the help and guidance, as I am new at this, and it's kind of hard to narrow down these types of questions.

Thank you guys.

ive had my exo terra inc going for a few months now (no eggs, just i guess you could say, a warm up period) and im using hatch rite in my bins..its been awaiting a batch but i heard mixed things about reliability with mine, so i wanted to see what it does..i have a digi humid and temp gauge inside to double check, and i periodically(once every two weeks, mist the sides of the substrate trays, not directly where eggs would be) and it seems to be holding a consistant temp\hum...so i say add a small amount of mist to the substraite along the sides of your egg trays..and add water to the bottom tray of the incubator....i also , once a week give to pump mist sprays to the side inner walls of the incubator..but just a single mist..hope that helps..good luck and congrats on the eggs!!

Thank you so much, I will mist and try adding water!

sweet, just dont get the eggs directly wet, or misted..maybe even remove the trays when you mist the inside walls of the inc..last thing you want is mold..i also will open the door once a day for like 2 seconds to exchange air(kinda like a burp for it)..if you have the time..im not sure if that helps but ive had some good batches and seems to work..either way..do what you do, you will find your groove..

I have the exo terra Inc with eggs right now and hatch rite. I keep a cup of water in there next to the eggs ( which was recommended to me to do from a breeder) and I was also told to drip a little water with a hair coloring applicator bottle along the side of the Tupperware just tiny drops taking very good care not to get the eggs wet like stated above. About a tablespoon of water. So far so good.

I have the exo terra Inc with eggs right now and hatch rite. I keep a cup of water in there next to the eggs ( which was recommended to me to do from a breeder) and I was also told to drip a little water with a hair coloring applicator bottle along the side of the Tupperware just tiny drops taking very good care not to get the eggs wet like stated above. About a tablespoon of water. So far so good.

hell ya..thats perfect!! +1

Back
Top Bottom