hatchlings haven't ate yet

Ditto

Hey I have some hatchlings that started to hatch last Sunday and they haven't ate yet. I brought one outside and it tried to eat some little ants so I brought it back inside and offered it some pinheads but the little guy just turned away. Does anyone have any tips?

Congrats on your new babies. Normally babies don't eat for a couple of day. What species? Any pictures? :)

They are veiled chameleons I can upload pictures with my other phone. Its been over 8 days since they have hatched

Usually they have to eat the flies first. They won't recognize the crickets as food. Just one of those weird things in life. I usually offer a mix of both, to get things going.

It depends on the size that they hatched out. If incubated at a cooler temp, they could be larger. They will usually eat 1/8" crickets from the start.

What are you feeding them? Some retail stores will sell "pinheads" crickets, but what they are are actually much bigger.

Chameleons haven eaten yet?

Thanks everyone I've tried flies before they were a disaster but they are all eating now! And I'm not sure how to edit the title?

Here are some of the earlier pictures

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 157
Back
Top Bottom