Hasn't Shed In A While

CamrynTheCham22

Avid Member
I have a female veiled chameleon who is around 1 year old as of right now. I haven't seen her shed lately, though she eats calcium dusted dubia roaches every other day and has no signs of any dehydration. She hasn't shed in a month or two, and she used to shed about every 3 weeks. Is this normal? She is not fully grown, but I am pretty sure she is smaller than most female veileds. Could this be something serious?

It doesn’t sound too serious. Most chameleons will stop shedding as often as they grow. However, since yours is not fully grown it is stranger. How is the humidity in the tank? That could be a factor to check out.

Well, I know that the humidity can be a factor but it hasn't affected her growth until now. The odd part is she appears to be growing, and I just bought a digital scale so that I can track her growth instead of eyeballing it. I was just wondering if anyone had experienced this before. It might be the UVB, and I am in need of purchasing the linear UVB bulb. This might be the problem, but honestly she is eating and drinking and I run the humidifier every other day or so for her. I knew that she was going to be small, so maybe she is nearing the end of her growth.

Back
Top Bottom