Hasn't Moved for 3 Days

JasonSinger

Chameleon Info:

Your Chameleon - 10 month old male panther in my care for 3 months

Handling - About once a week ... twice this week because I moved him to the basking spot

Feeding - 10 small-med crix a day (no large available here) plus about 10 supers a week. Gutloaded with apple, carrot, kale, yam, siruluna powder, bee pollen, dulce, and cricket crack

Supplements - cal without d3 5 times a week, with d3 twice a month, multi-vit once a month

Watering - hand misting 3-4 times a day for a couple minutes, see him drinking regularly

Fecal Description - normal poop, white urates, a couple times a week

Cage Info:

Cage Type - 2x2x4 screen

Lighting - 12 hours cycle with repti run 5.0 and a 75-watt basking

Temperature - temps in basking 88, ambient 75, night 70

Humidity - dont currently measure

Plants - dwarf schefflera

Placement -in a storage closet (no traffic)

Location - east coast

Current Problem - He hasnt really moved on his own in 3 days. He is eating the crickets when they walk by and hand-fed supers. He sport was close to the bottom (a little less than half) and he pooped yesterday and moved up a little. Today he didnt move in 3 hours so I placed him in the basking area and he is still there and eating. His colouration is normal and I just dont know if I am over-reacting or not.

Thanks.

Looks like you have everything good in your setup. He could be getting ready for a shed. Mine will slow down for a couple of days just before a shed. Maybe increase your mistings with warm water for the next day or 2. Good luck!

Thats a little much on the calcium without d3. Cut it back a bit. Try getting a fecal done as well. U just never know.

I understand, even if it turns out nothing is wrong, it would concern me for my cham not to move for 3 days. I would also up the misting as suggested.

What kind of air flow does he get where he is? You said closet & i have kept chameleons in the closet but it was a very large closet with good air exchange. I doubt that has anything to do with his not moving it is just a thought of mine.

I would get the fecal done & all i can think of is to take him out of his cage and put him on a plant in a different location and see how he reacts. Let us know

I understand, even if it turns out nothing is wrong, it would concern me for my cham not to move for 3 days. I would also up the misting as suggested.

What kind of air flow does he get where he is? You said closet & i have kept chameleons in the closet but it was a very large closet with good air exchange. I doubt that has anything to do with his not moving it is just a thought of mine.

I would get the fecal done & all i can think of is to take him out of his cage and put him on a plant in a different location and see how he reacts. Let us know

Thanks all - Im not too sure about the air flow ... the room is about 6x6 maybe a little larger so I think it would be ok. I will try moving him today onto a plant and see his reaction. After I moved him up top he moved around a bit more and nabbed up all the crickets is that is definitely a good sign :)

Im sure part of his lack of movement is related to the seasons. My crew has slowed down since right before X-mas. When the weather started getting colder outside they slowed down their movements and were eatting less also. That is until I got some BB flies. Now they are going crazy for the flies and eatting like pigs again. So try some new feeders and see if he doesnt change his demeanor a bit.;)

I would still consider getting a fecal done if he doesnt start moving in the next cpl of days.

Thanks for the advice ... I plan on getting a fecal done just to be sure.

But today we are back to normal movement ... I wonder if maybe he fell and was a little hurt or something to that effect??

Back
Top Bottom