Has anyone used an Exo Terra Monsoon Rainfall Misting System before?

I was considering getting one of THESE to go along with a new 24x24x48 screen enclosure for a panther chameleon and wanted to get some opinions on that.
I also noticed the spray heads come on suction cups. Do they have attachments or options for screen cages?

No they don't have options for screen cages.

They are relatively poor quality cheap systems too. Many people complain that they break within days.

I would much rather use a mist king or aquazamp

I've had one for a year now and haven't had any problems. It works great and I love the settings. I have a screen cage as well, and to make the cage mist king friendly I cut holes in the top, fed the nozzles through, and then filled the hole with some spare mesh lining I had lying around. Despite my good experience with it, I have heard quite a few disappointing ones. So I guess it's hit or miss with them. I'd say about 65% of them are good and then the other 35% faulty. So if your not willing to risk it, go with mist king.

The only thing you need to decide is MistKing or AquaZamp. That Mistking starter set is what I would recommend.

I had two Monsoons. At first after getting some push back for even buying one I thought the people involved were just trying to get me to buy the mist king. That type of marketing exists.

My first monsoon lasted about a year then crapped out in a spectacular fashion as the water got into the motor area due to gravity just pulling it back down the tube. A seal inside had given out.

My second was from a friend who didn't need it, so it was free. Considering it died in about two months I'm glad it was free.

I bought a Mist King, so far so good.

As you can see from the picture I found a use for the Monsoon too......

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    241.8 KB · Views: 628
I have had two, was super easy to take the cup off and mount in a screen cage by making a small hole,

BOTH units had issues, One moisture builds up inside the cover, causes all sort of problems.. Bascically the timer both frequency or duration fail to work over time, now using mine on a regular plug timer..

Pump is small, simple run dry the spring will overheat and break.. As timer starts to fail, very likely..

Customer service is supposed to be ok, lots of people have had replacement units etc.. however repeat problems..

Sadly may be me but two units died, for cost using my own timer as I am now I could have purchased say a mist king..

I look into aqua zamp, or Mistking.. sadly the monsoon seems to really be overpriced and not all long term reliable..

I bought about 5 monsoons at once. Within 3 months I GAVE all 5 away here on the forums. I now have 2 mistkings that I have had for years.

Wow thanks for the feedback everyone!

Seems like a pretty unanimous opinion. I'll be ordering the MistKing tomorrow. :)

I had a Monsoon once. I too had to return it and the second one also worked only a short period.

I have 2 of those misters for my dart frogs and green tree frog enclosures and honestly, I won't spend the money on them again. The one I have had for about 1 year and it has already taken a poop. It will constantly mist when I have it set on the timer, or it will run for the alloted time and then start running again for the alloted time anywhere from 5 to 20 minutes later. Its a good thing I put a drain plug in my dart frog enclosure other wise it would be a rain chamber! I am pretty certain that the eye sensor went bad.

My other monsoon that I have only had for 6 months, quit spraying right and I have used nothing but distilled water through them. I have cleaned them, replaced the lines and nozzles and it just doesnt keep suction to spray the mist spray. It leaks a weak stream.

Overall, I am very disapointed in the quality of them and have been doing research into making my own mister setups. Especially since the monsoons are so darn expensive. ($125 a pop of each one of mine.) And since I have so many critters that need misters, it is much cheaper for me to "make" my own.

I have had my monsoon for some time still works like new there are mixed reviews as any thing out there I give it an A

Back
Top Bottom