Has anyone tried a Begonia??

Joann

I googled indoor flowering houseplants and this one came up.I would love a flowering plant inside his cage.Are these hard to grow? Do I need a plant light? I did find this plant on the list of 116 cham. safe plant blog.
What is the difference between a UVB and a Plant light? Wouldnt the incandescent(UVA) and the UVB be the full spectrum of light and make the Plant light obsolete?

Thanks, Jo

Most flowering plants need a lot of light. I don't think you could achieve that indoors.

Have you thought about a hibiscus tree? They flower and are relatively easy to care for assuming you don't move them.

Most flowering plants need a lot of light. I don't think you could achieve that indoors.

Have you thought about a hibiscus tree? They flower and are relatively easy to care for assuming you don't move them.

Ironic you should mention a hibiscus after telling the OP plants that need a lot of light are difficult. ;) Hibiscus are one of the hardest cham-friendly plants to keep alive indoors imo.

Thanks, I saw a few hibiscus at the nursery but they looked bad.I dont want anything too hard to grow.

From everything Ive read about the lighting, a Reptisun 0.5 should work just as well as any plant light for growing plants.So I dont need two different lights.

I have a begonia in a hanging basket on my back porch. It doesn't get very much light and its blooming and growing just fine. They don't get very tall though, I don't think. So it would probably just be more of a cage floor decoration, but I could be wrong and maybe mine is just a runt. :eek:

Hibiscus need a lot of sun and I agree that they're super hard to keep alive in the cham cages.

Thanks, maybe I will just put silk flowers in there and then I dont have to worry about them dieing:)

They might look pretty but silk plants will soak up water droplets (less avail for your cham to drink), plastic might be better, though personally I dont trust faux plants, many are rather flimsy and poorly connected, leaves can be pulled off easily etc, bit of an impaction risk with any lizard that likes to eat plants, just my opinion.
Pothos is hardy and looks great hanging *shrugs* :)

Ironic you should mention a hibiscus after telling the OP plants that need a lot of light are difficult. ;) Hibiscus are one of the hardest cham-friendly plants to keep alive indoors imo.

That's funny, hibiscus are one of the few plants I can keep alive. :) pothos is the other lol.

Back
Top Bottom