Has anyone seen this before??

DutchChams

Established Member
Soo yesterday we visited the vetenerian for a general health test. They did a fecal test and routine check of the bone structure. This time i decided to go for a blood research aswell. I do not think he is sick at all but i believe that a blood check can give me the best information about my chams general health. It was a bit of a struggle because the needle didnt draw blood first 3 times.. But overal it went well and we gave thor enough rest in between attempts.

A day later now and there is something strange going on with his tail. It has a much darker color then the rest of his body. I was thinking maybe it is because the needle went into the tail.. but dont know for sure. Anyone ever seen this before?

Attachments

• 20230308_125611.jpg
    20230308_125611.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 39
  • 20230308_070624.jpg
    20230308_070624.jpg
    151.5 KB · Views: 40
I have seen that . that’s trauma and bruising . Definitely from the blood draw , I had a panther quite a few years back that never really recovered from that . was always a darker color I had a persons recently that had minor bruising , that disappeared within a couple weeks .

I have seen that . that’s trauma and bruising . Definitely from the blood draw , I had a panther quite a few years back that never really recovered from that . was always a darker color I had a persons recently that had minor bruising , that disappeared within a couple weeks .
Thanks for the quick reply.. i really hope he recovers from this. His colors are soo amazing..

😅😥

I would not do a blood test again unless something is going on. THese are quite stressful on them. Also 3 attemps to pull blood is a lot. Typically the darkening goes a way but as mentioned it can stay as well.

Yea even if its just under the skin it will be dark for weeks. I had to alternate front legs for an infection for daily injections for over a week. It took 2 months for both legs to be colored again.

I would not do a blood test again unless something is going on. THese are quite stressful on them. Also 3 attemps to pull blood is a lot. Typically the darkening goes a way but as mentioned it can stay as well.
Thanks Beman, its a hard lesson learned. Was just trying to be a good caretaker.. I really hope he will be alright and that the bruising will diminish.

Thanks Beman, its a hard lesson learned. Was just trying to be a good caretaker.. I really hope he will be alright and that the bruising will diminish.
Your good... Nothing wrong with trying to do your best and not being concerned about the money spent to do that. Just in the future you know now that a blood draw is not needed unless they are showing signs of something being wrong. It is a great tool when it comes to knowing renal function and uric acid levels etc. But more invasive. I have only seen a few situations in my 4 years being here of the discoloration not going away so hopefully it will diminish over the next few weeks. :)

Your good... Nothing wrong with trying to do your best and not being concerned about the money spent to do that. Just in the future you know now that a blood draw is not needed unless they are showing signs of something being wrong. It is a great tool when it comes to knowing renal function and uric acid levels etc. But more invasive. I have only seen a few situations in my 4 years being here of the discoloration not going away so hopefully it will diminish over the next few weeks. :)
💪💚

Back
Top Bottom