Has anyone ever heard of a Cham getting a sty on their eye?

lojack13

I have a 1 year old male Nosy Be Panther that started developing an eye problem about 2 weeks ago. It started with him waking up and his right eye would be sealed shut from a clear liquid. I got some sterile eye wash and have been cleaning his eye every day for the last 14 days. Some days he wakes up and his eye is not sealed shut, other days it is. The condition does not seem to be worsening, yet does not seem to be improving either. I suspicioned a possible foreign eye irritant aka, something stuck in his eye, but after searching in his eyelid with a magnifying glass and light I can not locate anything of that nature. I also thought maybe conjunctivitis? Though he seems to not have any redness or even pinkness to his eye at all. He just keeps getting a clear build up and his eye opening has gone from being round to drooping in the center and a tad swollen on the edges. From the start of all of this I have noticed a very small nodule protruding out near the front part of his eye turret opening. This seems to be where the clear puss is coming from ( at least I think ). Could it be a sty? His other eye is just fine and he is eating and drinking great. Regardless of any input, I think it is vet time for the little dude this week. I just was hoping someone might be able to shed some light on this or maybe have had a similar situation.
Thanks to anyone who can help.

You might wanna take a picture of that as well as use the help form. It would help out a lot of people..

It may have something to do with vitamin A or just an irritating debris in his eye.

Seriously though please post a picture, and do get it checked out by a vet.

If it looks like there is debris in his eye, mist him a little more.

You might wanna take a picture of that as well as use the help form. It would help out a lot of people..

It may have something to do with vitamin A or just an irritating debris in his eye.

Seriously though please post a picture, and do get it checked out by a vet.

If it looks like there is debris in his eye, mist him a little more.

Very good suggestion. Unfortunately he is sleeping so I will have to post a pic in the morning. I also was concerned about a possible vitamin A problem as well. I'm not really sure what kind of eye symptoms Vit A induces, but I am hoping that's not the problem.

okay here is a pic from about 10 minutes ago. Honestly, his eye looks 50% better than yesterday. And also, he has not had any clear pus coming from it in about 3 days now. Looks to be clearing up what ever it is. But as you can see in the pic, there is a little nodule towards the front outer edge of his eye turret opening.

Attachments

• IMG_5520.jpg
    IMG_5520.jpg
    246.4 KB · Views: 130
A sty on the eye can also be related to a mouth problem, one I my males has a swollen lip witch also developed a small sty on him eye so it may be worth examining the mouth for any puss or swelling

A sty on the eye can also be related to a mouth problem, one I my males has a swollen lip witch also developed a small sty on him eye so it may be worth examining the mouth for any puss or swelling

Okay, yeah I have actually heard a lot of eye problems oringiate from the mouth. I will check his mouth out here in a bit. Sometimes he gapes it open while he basks so I will give it a look then, otherwise I may have to get him to gape at me by agitation :/ I hate doing that but its better than prying his mouth open. I saw inside his mouth about 4 days ago and it looked great, but you never know, things may have changed.

I don't have much input to offer other than I have talked to a member who did indeed have a Cham that got a stye. I personally would try to give him a drop of fish liver oil

Back
Top Bottom