Hardware/Tricks/Tips to hold vinyl curtain around screen cage

CC's Baby

Avid Member
Okay all you DIY people that are so good at doing these things I see! What is the best way or best trick to attach Vinyl gauge wrap around 3 sides of a reptibreeze cage? I have 20 gauge vinyl coming and a decoration curtain going around that for color? Do you use binder clips or what works the best for you?

Okay all you DIY people that are so good at doing these things I see! What is the best way or best trick to attach Vinyl gauge wrap around 3 sides of a reptibreeze cage? I have 20 gauge vinyl coming and a decoration curtain going around that for color? Do you use binder clips or what works the best for you?
Try Velcro it will attach and stay in place but also allow you to remove it for cleaning. I saw this on another thread :)

Try Velcro it will attach and stay in place but also allow you to remove it for cleaning. I saw this on another thread :)
Thats a great idea. My brain is in a fog with all this stuff. I had not even thought about Velcro. Duh?? that sounds the most simple, so I can take on and off for cleaning. I was thinking binder clips and that sounds like a pain. Thanks Beeman -- that is my answer I believe that I needed. So excited. I am going to have this all done by Saturday and my cham is shipping out monday arriving Tuesday. Cannot wait!

Thats a great idea. My brain is in a fog with all this stuff. I had not even thought about Velcro. Duh?? that sounds the most simple, so I can take on and off for cleaning. I was thinking binder clips and that sounds like a pain. Thanks Beeman -- that is my answer I believe that I needed. So excited. I am going to have this all done by Saturday and my cham is shipping out monday arriving Tuesday. Cannot wait!
This was the easiest thing I saw. So very exciting! Post pics when you get your baby. :)

This was the easiest thing I saw. So very exciting! Post pics when you get your baby. :)
I feel like I should do some grand unveiling!!! LOL. This has become the most exciting thing I have done in a long time. Had no idea how much involvement there is but the more I learn, the more addicted I become. This is just the beginning isn't it. I am going to want to get another one , arent i? LOL.

I feel like I should do some grand unveiling!!! LOL. This has become the most exciting thing I have done in a long time. Had no idea how much involvement there is but the more I learn, the more addicted I become. This is just the beginning isn't it. I am going to want to get another one , arent i? LOL.
LOL omg I totally get it. I read and listen to podcasts everyday. Learning more and more. I am absolutely in love with the Nosy Be Panthers. I adore their blue coloring. But my second one will need to wait until I can afford to do a second set up and have more room. I think this is quite addictive for sure. You are doing a great job and your new little baby is gonna be one happy Cham!

LOL omg I totally get it. I read and listen to podcasts everyday. Learning more and more. I am absolutely in love with the Nosy Be Panthers. I adore their blue coloring. But my second one will need to wait until I can afford to do a second set up and have more room. I think this is quite addictive for sure. You are doing a great job and your new little baby is gonna be one happy Cham!
Thanks! Yes, I love the Nosy B ones too because of the Blues. So I also loved the blue bar ones with the awesome markings, so I compromised and got a little of both I believe. So Matt sold me a Blue Bar Ambanja that looks to be blue and aqua with a little red I think. Either way, he is going to be beautiful whatever colors he ends up and I am so excited. Yes, me too, first, the affordability factor and the fact that I also house a Quaker Parrot in this same room (very very large room) so they are far enough away from each other it should not be an issue. Thanks again.

Depending on the plastic/vinyl sheeting I attached it the cage frame or through the mesh with zip ties. You can get them in different colors, lengths and thicknesses, inexpensive, quick, simple to remove if necessary. I preferred using "crystal" clear vinyl shower curtains for sheeting. Heavier material that hung straighter and a bit sturdier (especially when taken on and off for cleaning) than other types of sheeting. It didn't tear, billow or shift around once attached. Also, the reinforced hanging grommets across the top made it easy to attach.

Back
Top Bottom