Happy Saturday!

Fchamel

Chameleon Enthusiast
Happy Saturday Friends! 💖

Attachments

• IMG_20210116_131158400.jpg
    IMG_20210116_131158400.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 79
Nice set up! And beautiful collection you have. How do you get your branches to look so perfect and secured to the screen w/o ripping the screen like that?
Well thank you very much!
The one I am happiest with is the veiled's enclosure. I have cuttings in the tent and will replace the fake plants with live when they are ready. Luckily, he has zero interest in plants as food.
20210130_093300.jpg
20210130_093309.jpg
20210130_093355.jpg

As far as attaching, I start with straight branches and attach them in numerous spots to the screen with florist wire. I use those as anchors to attach the functional branches to with zip ties. I try to get the florist wire through the screen as close to the anchor branches as possible.
20210130_093549.jpg
20210130_093557.jpg
I am fortunate to have planted a Harry Lauder's Walking Stick Filbert (Corylus avallena 'Contorta') in a standard form years ago. The plant is grafted onto a strong rootstock that continually sends up suckers. These darn suckers, which have been a bane since the day I planted it, have become almost indispensable since I got back into cham keeping lol. Heck the whole plant has been a godsend. I get the straight sucker shoots for the anchors and the main plant grows in all kinds of crazy directions. The branches add a lot of interest to the enclosures.
20210130_093501.jpg

Seriously! Lol. It looks awesome!!
Thank you!
It amazes me how effen long it takes to set up an enclosure the way I want. While it can be a borderline cathartic process, I understand why some peeps just tie in a few dowel rods and toss in a potted plant. lol

Well thank you very much!
The one I am happiest with is the veiled's enclosure. I have cuttings in the tent and will replace the fake plants with live when they are ready. Luckily, he has zero interest in plants as food.
View attachment 290928View attachment 290929View attachment 290930
As far as attaching, I start with straight branches and attach them in numerous spots to the screen with florist wire. I use those as anchors to attach the functional branches to with zip ties. I try to get the florist wire through the screen as close to the anchor branches as possible.
View attachment 290932View attachment 290933I am fortunate to have planted a Harry Lauder's Walking Stick Filbert (Corylus avallena 'Contorta') in a standard form years ago. The plant is grafted onto a strong rootstock that continually sends up suckers. These darn suckers, which have been a bane since the day I planted it, have become almost indispensable since I got back into cham keeping lol. Heck the whole plant has been a godsend. I get the straight sucker shoots for the anchors and the main plant grows in all kinds of crazy directions. The branches add a lot of interest to the enclosures.
View attachment 290939
thank you. I was also gonna say, those branches are exactly what I need. I'll be setting up a new cage today for another purchase :) getting an Ambanja from kammerflage. Appreciate the tips! I actually think my grandad has one of those planted his backyard. I need to start getting more sticks.

Back
Top Bottom